- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Urban Youth Fund"
Beijing to host World Youth Assembly in October
Beijing, 22 July 2015—Beijing will host the 2015 version of the World Youth Assembly which will be focused on engaging youth in discussing the new Sustainable Development Goals and issues related to urbanization and ecological security. The...
- Posted July 24, 2015
UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth visits Rwanda
Kigali 23 July 2015– The United Nations Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, Mr. Ahmad Alhendawi, this week concluded a five day mission to Rwanda. The visit which was coordinated by UN-Habitat and its Deputy Executive Director, Ms....
- Posted July 23, 2015
UN-Habitat launches call for Urban Youth Fund applications
Nairobi, 26 February 2015- UN-Habitat on Thursday launched call for applications for the Urban Youth Fund. In its seventh year, the Fund provides grants to projects led by young people aged 15-32 years who are piloting innovative...
- Posted February 26, 2015
Youth celebrated for their role in social innovation in India
Mumbai, 16 October 2014 – The role of youth as social innovators in sustainable development has been highlighted by speakers at a conference in India. The comments were made by UN-Habitat’s Chief Scientific Advisor, Oyeyinka Oyebanji as...
- Posted October 16, 2014
Urban Youth Fund 2014 winners announced
Nairobi 13 October 2014—On the occasion marking this year’s World Habitat Day, UN-Habitat has announced the 2014 winners of the Urban Youth Fund. A total of 22 youth-led organizations from 18 countries have been selected for the...
- Posted October 13, 2014
Urban Youth Fund
The UN-Habitat Urban Youth Fund empowers global youth by providing grants and capacity building to selected organizations in developing countries. Yearly, more than 8,000 youth-led organizations start the application process to be part of the program. Approximately...
- Posted July 15, 2014