- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Urban Planning and Design"
Promoting green urban space and historic neighborhoods in Chengdu, China
Chengdu, 13 April 2017 – UN-Habitat and UN-Environment, in collaboration with the Chengdu Municipal People’s Government, have started working on an assessment of the development plans for the city’s Greenbelt and Shaocheng District. The experts of both...
- Posted April 13, 2017
Advancing Synergy between Airports and Cities: UN-Habitat and ICAO sign MoU at Habitat III
Quito, Ecuador, 9 November 2016 — UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos and the International Civil Aviation Organization Secretary General Dr. Fang Liu have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote synergy between airports and cities...
- Posted November 9, 2016
Asian urban experts root for citywide public space strategies
Kuala Lumpur 17 August 2016– UN-Habitat conducted its’ first international workshop on public spaces titled “Creating safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia early thismonth. Jointly organized by Citynet and Kuala Lumpur...
- Posted August 17, 2016
Ningo-Prampram planning authority approves Accra’s planned city extension
Accra, 27 July 2016 – The concept plan for the Accra urban extension in Ningo-Prampram, developed by UN-Habitat’s Urban Planning and Design LAB, was approved by the Statutory Planning Authority of the Ningo-Prampram District Assembly (NiPDA). This...
- Posted July 27, 2016
Urban Planning and Design Brochure
The Urban Planning and Design Lab (UPD-LAB) is an initiative from UN-Habitat to promptly respond to the requests of national and local governments to support sustainable urban development. The LAB acts as the integrative facility of the Agency in which spatial...
- Posted June 28, 2016
Addressing rapid urbanization challenges in the greater Accra Region: An action oriented approach
Currently 51.9% of Ghana’s population lives in urban areas, and it is estimated that it will reach 72.3% by 2050, calling for fast and sustainable strategies for facilitating the main problems deriving from rapid urbanization. The challenges...
- Posted June 28, 2016