- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
All posts tagged "Urban Planning and Design"
- Promoting green urban space and historic neighborhoods in Chengdu, China
Chengdu, 13 April 2017 – UN-Habitat and UN-Environment, in collaboration with the Chengdu Municipal People’s Government, have started working on an assessment of the development plans for the city’s Greenbelt and Shaocheng District. The experts of both...
- Posted April 13, 2017
- Advancing Synergy between Airports and Cities: UN-Habitat and ICAO sign MoU at Habitat III
Quito, Ecuador, 9 November 2016 — UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos and the International Civil Aviation Organization Secretary General Dr. Fang Liu have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote synergy between airports and cities...
- Posted November 9, 2016
- Asian urban experts root for citywide public space strategies
Kuala Lumpur 17 August 2016– UN-Habitat conducted its’ first international workshop on public spaces titled “Creating safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia early thismonth. Jointly organized by Citynet and Kuala Lumpur...
- Posted August 17, 2016
- Ningo-Prampram planning authority approves Accra’s planned city extension
Accra, 27 July 2016 – The concept plan for the Accra urban extension in Ningo-Prampram, developed by UN-Habitat’s Urban Planning and Design LAB, was approved by the Statutory Planning Authority of the Ningo-Prampram District Assembly (NiPDA). This...
- Posted July 27, 2016
- Urban Planning and Design Brochure
The Urban Planning and Design Lab (UPD-LAB) is an initiative from UN-Habitat to promptly respond to the requests of national and local governments to support sustainable urban development. The LAB acts as the integrative facility of the Agency in which spatial...
- Posted June 28, 2016
- Addressing rapid urbanization challenges in the greater Accra Region: An action oriented approach
Currently 51.9% of Ghana’s population lives in urban areas, and it is estimated that it will reach 72.3% by 2050, calling for fast and sustainable strategies for facilitating the main problems deriving from rapid urbanization. The challenges...
- Posted June 28, 2016