- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "urban governance"
- Stand up for public space – Luisa Bravo
Luisa Bravo in this lecture advocates for that public space in cities is a common good, meant to be open, inclusive and democratic – a right for everybody. MP3 AUDIO: Luisa Bravo – Stand up for public space SYNOPSIS...
- Posted July 25, 2017
- A compass for cities – Fernando Murillo
In this lecture Fernando Murillo from University of Buenos Aires discusses the “Compass” of cities – a participatory methodology for policy making . It consists of different indicators represented graphically as a “Compass”, combining four fundamental dimensions dealing...
- Posted July 4, 2017
- Competitive Cities for jobs and growth: What, Who and How – Sameh Wahba
This lecture aims to introduce how cities can successfully introduce and harness levers to improve their competitiveness, facilitating firm and industry growth to create jobs, raise productivity and increase incomes. MP3 AUDIO: Sameh Wahba – Competitive Cities...
- Posted June 13, 2017
- Networking City Leadership – Michele Acuto
With mounting globalisation, sprawling city-to-city connections, and an increasing role in global governance, it is critical for city leaders to understand and strategically orient their networking activities to open up the horizons of urban policy. Michele Acuto...
- Posted May 30, 2017
- Using Minecraft for Youth Participation in Urban Design and Governance
The purpose of this paper is to outline UN-Habitat’s approach to using information and communication technology (ICT) as an enabler to encourage youth participation in urban design and governance.
- Posted January 7, 2016
- Gender Responsive Urban Legislation, Land and Governance
More than half of the World’s population live in cities and that figure is expected to increase to almost 5 billion by 2030. This increase in urban population and changing understandings around how people experience urban living,...
- Posted April 9, 2015
- State of Latin American and Caribbean cities
This edition of State of Latin American and Caribbean cities presents the current situation of the region's urban world, including the demographic, economic, social, environmental, urban and institutional conditions in which cities are developing.
- Posted August 7, 2012