- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Urban Design"
Student submit entries for Urban Design Competition
18 May 2016 – UN-Habitat in collaboration with Kenya’s Ministry of Land, Housing & Urban Development held STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION FOR KENYA’S TOWNS to seek creative planning and design ideas for sustainable urban development in Kenya. The competition...
- Posted May 18, 2016
加强城市安全与保障 全球人类住区报告2007 (GRHS 2007)
- Posted February 18, 2016
Using Minecraft for Youth Participation in Urban Design and Governance
The purpose of this paper is to outline UN-Habitat’s approach to using information and communication technology (ICT) as an enabler to encourage youth participation in urban design and governance.
- Posted January 7, 2016
Building better cities – Clos on making our cities work for us
Nairobi, 14 July 2015 – If approached correctly, urbanization can be an engine of growth, writes Joan Clos, Executive Director of UN-Habitat. In the economic history of humanity, urbanization has always been an accelerator of growth and...
- Posted July 14, 2015
The Challenge of Local Government Financing in Developing Countries
The report identifies successful governance mechanisms for efficient and equitable provision of public services in metropolitan areas of developing countries, and shares experiences and methods to making public service provision more viable in peri-urban areas of large...
- Posted May 18, 2015
10 things designers need to work on – Christian Werthmann, Leibniz University Hannover
Christian Werthmann from Leibniz University, Hannover, summarizes his international experience of non-formal urbanism into ten points aimed to act as a guideline for designers intending to work in these contexts. Based on real life experiences and research...
- Posted March 31, 2014
Urban Planning and Design
Urban planning and design area supports Governments and cities with tested approaches, guidelines and tools to support urban growth and improved sustainability, efficiency and equity through planning and design at all levels and scales. Efforts are focused...
- Posted September 5, 2013
Enhancing Urban Safety and Security: Global Report on Human Settlements, 2007
Enhancing Urban Safety and Security addresses three major threats to the safety and security of cities: crime and violence; insecurity of tenure and forced evictions; and natural and human-made disasters.
- Posted July 17, 2008