- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "UNI"
- Call for Lecturers Attending Habitat III
Nairobi, 21 September 2016 – UN-Habitat is looking for new potential lecturers for the 4th season of the Global Urban Lectures. Experts interested in participating in the lectures who are already travelling to Quito for Habitat III...
- Posted September 21, 2016
- UN-Habitat and IUTC to hold a training workshop
Nairobi, 15 September 2016—UN-Habitat and the International Urban Training Centre are organizing a workshop ‘Action Planning for Cities Supported by the Cities Prosperity Index’ to run between November 7-12 November, 2016. The workshop is tailored to the...
- Posted September 15, 2016
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES – ACTION PLAN FOR UNIVERSITIES
UN-Habitat UNI together with HESI (the Higher Education Sustainability Initiative) are in the process of defining a Sustainable Urban Development action plan for universities. The action plan aims to orient universities supporting cities in their path towards...
- Posted August 3, 2016
- Over 700 applicants to International Design Collaboration for Kenya Competition
February 06, 2016 – The application for the International Design Collaboration for Kenya Competition completed midnight Feb 1. The competition saw a large number of applicants (over 700) from all over the world. The applicants will now...
- Posted February 5, 2016
- Season 3 of the Global Urban Lectures launched
15 January, 2016 – The Global Urban Lecture Series is an initiative by UN-Habitat’s partnership with universities worldwide – UNI – to bring the knowledge and experiences of urban experts associated with the agency’s work to a...
- Posted January 15, 2016
- UN-Habitat launches international urban design student competition
Kenya, 14 January 2016 – UN-Habitat is launching a competition to promote collaboration between Kenya’s students and their peers elsewhere and to promote the importance of urban design. The competition is being organized in collaboration with Kenya’s...
- Posted January 14, 2016
- Principles of Planned Urbanization – Dr. Joan Clos, Executive Director UN-Habitat
In this lecture, Dr Clos discusses planned versus spontaneous urbanization, the issues this entails and three concrete principles for planning sustainable cities. Together they form a three-legged approach to sustainable urbanization. Principles of Planned Urbanization – Dr....
- Posted December 3, 2015
- UN-Habitat Partner University Initiative (UNI) launches website and two new hubs
With the recent launch of the Habitat UNI network webpage, UN-Habitat has reinvigorated its main mechanism for partnerships with the global academia and researchers. Adding to a count of six currently established and operational thematic hubs, the...
- Posted September 26, 2014
- 10 things designers need to work on – Christian Werthmann, Leibniz University Hannover
Christian Werthmann from Leibniz University, Hannover, summarizes his international experience of non-formal urbanism into ten points aimed to act as a guideline for designers intending to work in these contexts. Based on real life experiences and research...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- Slums – Past, Present and Future – Eugenie Birch, University of Pennsylvania
In this lecture, Eugenie Birch draws heavily on history to illustrate the location, pace, trajectory, documentation and varied solutions of historic slum conditions in Western Europe and North America; tracking contemporary slum development in Latin America, Asia...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- ‘Transforming cities with transit’ – Robert Cervero, University of California, Berkeley
Drawing from the recent publication “Transforming Cities with Transit”, the director of the Institute of Urban and Regional Development and professor of City and Regional Planning at UC Berkeley, Robert Cervero, calls for elevating the role of...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- ‘Street-led city-wide slum upgrading’ – Claudio Acioly, UN-Habitat
The strategy brought forward by Claudio Acioly (UN-Habitat) uses streets as the natural conduits that connect slums spatially and physically with the city and treats streets not only as a physical entity for mobility and accessibility —...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- Urban Lectures
The Global Urban Lecture Series are free 15 min video lectures that gather expertise and experience from renowned international scholars and professionals
- Posted March 4, 2014