- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "uni news"
Reducing speeds for better mobility and quality of life – CarlosFelipe Pardo
The lecture will address the issue of having more appropriate speeds in cities while increasing efficiency and livability. MP3 AUDIO: CarlosFelipe Pardo – Reducing speeds for better mobility and quality of life SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses...
- Posted August 1, 2017
Improving urban tenure security and property rights – Geoffrey Payne
In this lecture, Geoffrey Payne distills thirty years of work on land tenure and property rights to provide a conceptual and methodological framework for assessing the issues involved and offers policy options with practical examples. MP3 AUDIO: Geoffrey Payne – Improving urban...
- Posted July 11, 2017
A compass for cities – Fernando Murillo
In this lecture Fernando Murillo from University of Buenos Aires discusses the “Compass” of cities – a participatory methodology for policy making . It consists of different indicators represented graphically as a “Compass”, combining four fundamental dimensions dealing...
- Posted July 4, 2017
Competitive Cities for jobs and growth: What, Who and How – Sameh Wahba
This lecture aims to introduce how cities can successfully introduce and harness levers to improve their competitiveness, facilitating firm and industry growth to create jobs, raise productivity and increase incomes. MP3 AUDIO: Sameh Wahba – Competitive Cities...
- Posted June 13, 2017
The role of urban law in the New Urban Agenda – Thomas Coggin
This lecture will introduce listeners to the role of law (including legislation, rights, and jurisprudence) in influencing our lives in cities, focusing primarily on its benefits, but also how it can marginalize people. MP3 AUDIO: Thomas Coggin – The...
- Posted June 6, 2017