- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "sustainable cities"
- Good Housing Makes a Good City – Carlos Zedillo
The lecture seeks to highlight the impact of the housing sector on the development of cities and the attainment of the Sustainability Developments Goals (SDGs). It will also unveil the state of housing in Mexico and its...
- Posted November 8, 2018
- Unequal Scenes – Johnny Miller
This lecture will explore how a unique perspective on economic inequality, in this case using a drone, is vitally important to combat what has been described as “the defining challenge of our time”. AUDIO: Johnny Miller- “Unequal...
- Posted November 1, 2018
- Participatory urban planning – Elisa Maceratini
The lecture shows the challenges and opportunities of participatory planning through a series of concrete experiences from the field. AUDIO: Elisa Maceratini- “Participatory urban planning” SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses Planners and scholars of urban studies...
- Posted October 22, 2018
- Slum Tourism – Ko Koens
The lecture focuses on introducing the fast-growing concept of tourism to economically less developed areas, also known as slum tourism, the ethical issues that it needs to deal with, its governance and the ways it may contribute...
- Posted October 17, 2018
- The Urban Informal Economy – Alison Brown
This lecture examines how precarious urban livelihoods in the informal economy can be transformed by innovative and rights-based approaches to urban policy, contributing to economic and social inclusion, and recovery in crisis-affected cities. MP3 AUDIO: Alison Brown...
- Posted October 9, 2018
- “Mobility of Care” – Ines Sanchez de Madariaga
The Mobility of Care: Introducing Gender-Aware Concepts in Transportation Planning aims at providing a better understanding of travel patterns of women and men, by taking into account the travel implications of daily tasks performed by individuals with...
- Posted October 1, 2018
- The tale of Broadville and Narrowtown: Why we need a global, people-based definition of cities and settlements – Lewis Dijkstra
Lewis Dijkstra from the European Commission in this lecture explains why without a global definition of cities, urban indicators are hopelessly distorted and proposes the degree of urbanization as new method to solve this problem. MP3 AUDIO: Lewis Dijkstra...
- Posted July 18, 2017
- “Coproducing for sustainable cities” – Diana Mitlin
Diana Mitlin from University of Manchester in this lecture argue that coproduction is an essential component of an inclusive urban agenda MP3 AUDIO: Diana Mitlin – Coproducing for sustainable cities SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses The...
- Posted May 16, 2017
- 亚洲的可持续城市化进程一本写给地方政府的资料 (Sustainable Urbanization in Asia)
- Posted February 18, 2016
- UN-Habitat hosts a side event on cities in New York
New York, 17 March 2015 – During the 59th session on the Commission for the Status of Women, the side event Habitat III, Beijing+20 and the City We Need was hosted by the Deputy Executive Director of UN-Habitat,...
- Posted March 18, 2015
- Planning Sustainable Cities: UN-HABITAT Practices and Perspectives
UN-HABITAT has played a central and very active role in the recent debate on the future of urban planning.
- Posted June 30, 2014
- Sustainable Urbanization in Asia
Rapid urbanization (together with climate change) is emerging as the most challenging issue of the twenty-first century.
- Posted June 19, 2014
- SCP/LA21 en Arequipa (Spanish Language Version)
La Estrategia de Apoyo a la Gestión Urbano Ambiental de Arequipa fue iniciada por la Municipalidad Provincial de Arequipa a principios del 2003 y finalizó su segunda fase en enero del 2007.
- Posted July 15, 2009
- The Sustainable Cities Programme in Zambia (1994-2007)
In Zambia the Sustainable Cities Programme was implemented in Lusaka from 1994-2001 to address high levels of poverty and inequality experienced in the city resulting from a shrinking economy as the country’s copper-dominated export sector started to...
- Posted July 14, 2009
- The Sustainable Cities Programme in Peru
Nuevos enfoques para construir procesos de planificación urbana y gestión ambiental en la ciudad se hacen necesarios para que la funcionalidad de los mismos sea sostenible.
- Posted July 14, 2009
- The Sustainable Cities Programme in the Philippines ((1998-2007) – A compendium of good practices
The Sustainable CitiesProgramme/LA21 Programme in the Philippines was started in 1998 by UN-HABITAT in collaboration with the department of the environment and Natural Resources. It was targeted at secondary towns and was perceived as a localization of...
- Posted July 14, 2009
- The Sustainable Cities Programme in Tanzania 1992-2003: The SCP Documentation Series
The Sustainable Cities Programme (SCP) started in the Tanzanian capital, Dar es Salaam in 1992 under an initiative known as the Sustainable Dar es Salaam Project. Dar es Salaam was one of the first demonstration cities in...
- Posted July 23, 2005
- Sustainable Cities Programme 1990-2000
The Sustainable Cities Programme (SCP) is a world-wide technical cooperation activity of the United Nations.
- Posted July 23, 1999