- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "South Sudan"
- 200,000 IDPs and their hosts take over basic service facilities such as water, sanitation, flood control and agricultural materials from Japan and UN-Habitat
UN-Habitat’s projects in South Sudan show that infrastructure and participatory planning provide a preventative – rather than curative – approach to long-term conflict resolution and peace building. Juba, 16 January 2017 – The United Nations Programme responsible...
- Posted January 18, 2017
- Kalobeyei Photobook
This book illustrates a settled community of Turkana people, already at the 3rd or 4th generation of lifestyle shift. Through a workshop with Turkana Youth, UN-Habitat has conducted a two folded exercise: on one hand a youth group was led to...
- Posted September 9, 2016
- Japan empowers South Sudan Communities through provision of basic services
Juba, South Sudan, February 05 2016 – A delegation from the Government of Japan led by Ambassador Kiya Masahiko made a visit to the UN-Habitat project in Gureii to inspect the ongoing work to provide clean water...
- Posted February 5, 2016
- Two South Sudan counties benefit from UN-Habitat water project
Juba 9 December 2014 – UN-Habitat is providing safe water to people of South Sudan within a short period of time while having a positive impact in the lives of the residents. Ezo Kapoeta, Gok Machar counties...
- Posted December 10, 2014
- South Sudan Mayors debate Urbanization Challenges
Juba, 22 October 2014 – Random spatial growth, unplanned urban expansion as well as an increasing rural-urban migration are some of the most pressing issues mayors in South Sudan are grappling with, the country’s second national urbanization conference...
- Posted October 22, 2014
- Urbanisation and land governance in the spotlight in South Sudan
Juba 16 October 2014—The Second South Sudan Urbanisation Conference kicked off in Juba on Wednesday with speakers placing greater emphasis on better land governance practice in the urban areas. Officially opening the meeting, the Speaker of the...
- Posted October 16, 2014
- Planning Urban Settlements in South Sudan
The publication will provide text and images on the Urban Development process and serve as a guide for designing new layouts or updating existing ones.
- Posted June 18, 2014
- South Sudan joins UN-Habitat / Coca-Cola water partnership
Nairobi 9 May 2014—The partnership between UN-Habitat and The Coca-Cola company which seeks to promote water sustainability in selected countries around the world has been expanded to twelve after South Sudan signed up as a member of...
- Posted May 9, 2014
- South Sudan
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 6,539,531 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 5 projects Donors: UNDP, Canada (DFAIT/START), UNHCR Sudan, Japan, UN Mission in Sudan (UNMIS), UN-Habitat Emergency Response Fund Implementing Partners: UNHCR Sudan
- Posted March 28, 2014