- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "settlements"
- Densification in consolidated informal settlements – Peter Ward, University of Texas
In this lecture Peter Ward from The University of Texas at Austin presents data drawn from a nine-country/eleven city collaborative study that examines self-built housing in old established low-income neighborhoods formed 25-40 years ago. Rehabilitation & Densification...
- Posted December 3, 2015
- LENSS TOOL KIT: Local Estimate of Needs for Shelter and Settlement, Field Version , IASC Emergency Shelter Cluster
The LENSS Tool Kit is designed to alleviate the difficulties of shelter and settlement needs assessment in the immediate aftermath of a disaster and before the recovery phase.
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Informal Settlements and Finance in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This report examines urbanization rates in Tanzania and its impacts on housing provision.
- Posted July 2, 2014
- Citywide Action Plan for Upgrading Unplanned and Unserviced Settlements in Dar es Salaam
The goal of this action plan is to upgrade 50 per cent of the existing unplanned and unserviced areas in Dar es Salaam by 2020 while simultaneously preventing the formation of new unplanned settlements.
- Posted June 30, 2014