- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
All posts tagged "ROLAC"
- Ecuador approves land management bill
Quito, 23 May 2016 – Equador’s National Assembly of Ecuador has approved a bill on land use and land management. The bill is the result of a long process that started in 2011 under the leadership of...
- Posted May 23, 2016
- First results of Mexico’s City Prosperity Index (CPI)
Mexico, 18 March 2016 – The first results of the City Prosperity Index (CPI) carried out in 136 municipalities across Mexico were presented in Mexico City earlier this March. The CPI is UN-Habitat’s urban development indicator and...
- Posted March 17, 2016
- UN-Habitat and partner convene meeting on ‘Financing Urban Sustainable Development in Latin America’
Bogotá, 16 March 2016—Over 40 international experts on finance and urban development last week converged in Bogota, Columbia for the first regional meeting on financing urban sustainable development in Latin America. The meeting organized by the UN- Habitat...
- Posted March 16, 2016
- Ecuador hosts preparatory meeting for Habitat III
Quito, 24 February 2016 — Representatives of the government of Ecuador, members of diplomatic corps accredited in this country, academia and civil society organizations gathered in the Chapel of Man, Quito, for a meeting to update themselves...
- Posted February 24, 2016
- Improving the quality of life of people through sustainability
Rio de Janeiro, 11 February 2016 – The phrase belongs to Elkin Velasquez, UN-Habitat´s Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, during the signing of the agreement between the UN agency and the government of Risaralda (Colombia). Pact for...
- Posted February 11, 2016
- Colombia and El Salvador exchange experiences on metropolitan observatories
San Salvador, 1 October 2015—Representatives from San Salvador and Bucaramanga, the capital city of the department of Santander, Colombia, recently held a technical meeting where they exchanged knowledge with regard to the implementation of methodologies, indicators updating...
- Posted October 1, 2015
- Latin America is preparing for COP 21
Bogota, 21 September 2015– Environmentalists, government and NGO officials gathered in Bogota, Colombia between 20 and 23 September for the Latin American summit, as part of preparations for the UN Conference on Climate Change (COP21) in Paris...
- Posted September 21, 2015
- UN-Habitat to support modernisation and sustainable urban development in Panama
Panamá City, 7 September 2015—UN-Habitat has signed an agreement with Panama City aimed at modernising public administration as well as institutional strengthening to achieve more effective, efficient and equitable governance in four districts of the city. The...
- Posted September 7, 2015
- State of Rio de Janeiro and UN-Habitat to join hands on sustainable urban development
Rio de Janeiro 31 August 2015–Representatives of UN-Habitat and the State of Rio de Janeiro have signed an agreement on sustainable urban development. During the ceremony, the governor of Rio de Janeiro, Luiz Fernando Pezão, and the...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- Swiss support in Cuba to benefit one million people
Havana, 11 August 2015 – Citizens of thirteen municipalities of Cuba will benefit from an agreement signed between representatives of the Swiss Development Cooperation and UN-Habitat to improve housing infrastructure and living conditions. In addition, the cooperation...
- Posted August 12, 2015
- Forum calls for post conflict urban agenda for Colombian cities
Bogota 7 August 2015— UN-Habitat in conjunction with its partners, the National Savings Fund (FNA) and Portfolio recently hosted a forum in Bogota during which the participants agreed for a post conflict urban agenda for Colombian cities....
- Posted August 7, 2015
- Panamá and UN-Habitat sign cooperation agreements
Rio de Janeiro, 24 March 2014– To promote urban renewal and revitalization, the cities of Colon and Panama will work with UN-Habitat in the generation of plans and projects including the revitalization of local economic development, planning...
- Posted March 24, 2015
- A new pan American network of metropolises formed
Montreal, 19 November 2014 – A new network was created this week bringing together metropolitan authorities of South America, Central America and North America. Known as the Network of Metropolitan Areas of the Americas (RAMA in Spanish, French...
- Posted November 19, 2014
- Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (ROLAC)
In 1996, the Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (ROLAC) began operations in the region from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In 2002, ROLAC opened representations in Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Cuba, Haiti and Costa Rica. Recently,...
- Posted March 28, 2014