- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Rehabilitation"
- Densification in consolidated informal settlements – Peter Ward, University of Texas
In this lecture Peter Ward from The University of Texas at Austin presents data drawn from a nine-country/eleven city collaborative study that examines self-built housing in old established low-income neighborhoods formed 25-40 years ago. Rehabilitation & Densification...
- Posted December 3, 2015
- UN-Habitat Global Country Activities Report: 2015 – Increasing Synergy for Greater National Ownership
The UN-Habitat Global Activities Report formally the Operational Activities Report is an historical progress report to the Governing Council that takes into account the development made in addressing the UN-Habitat’s project portfolio at the national, regional and...
- Posted April 13, 2015
- Saudi funding to provide homes to 1,000 displaced families in Iraq
Erbil, 4 September 2014 – Funding from Saudi Arabia to the UN will allow UN-Habitat to provide shelter options for internally displaced people, commonly referred to as IDPs, in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Following the takeover...
- Posted September 4, 2014
- LENSS TOOL KIT: Local Estimate of Needs for Shelter and Settlement, Field Version , IASC Emergency Shelter Cluster
The LENSS Tool Kit is designed to alleviate the difficulties of shelter and settlement needs assessment in the immediate aftermath of a disaster and before the recovery phase.
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Risk Reduction and Rehabilitation
Risk reduction and rehabilitation area involves reducing urban risk and responding to crises through its resilient cities and settlements recovery programmes. It focuses on crisis-affected cities, offering disaster prevention and disaster response services. To ensure equitable access...
- Posted September 5, 2013
- Shelter projects 2011/2012
This book contains summaries of shelter projects that have been implemented in response to conflicts, complex emergencies, and natural disasters from different parts of the world.
- Posted August 7, 2013