- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Rehabilitation"
Densification in consolidated informal settlements – Peter Ward, University of Texas
In this lecture Peter Ward from The University of Texas at Austin presents data drawn from a nine-country/eleven city collaborative study that examines self-built housing in old established low-income neighborhoods formed 25-40 years ago. Rehabilitation & Densification...
- Posted December 3, 2015
UN-Habitat Global Country Activities Report: 2015 – Increasing Synergy for Greater National Ownership
The UN-Habitat Global Activities Report formally the Operational Activities Report is an historical progress report to the Governing Council that takes into account the development made in addressing the UN-Habitat’s project portfolio at the national, regional and...
- Posted April 13, 2015
Saudi funding to provide homes to 1,000 displaced families in Iraq
Erbil, 4 September 2014 – Funding from Saudi Arabia to the UN will allow UN-Habitat to provide shelter options for internally displaced people, commonly referred to as IDPs, in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. Following the takeover...
- Posted September 4, 2014
LENSS TOOL KIT: Local Estimate of Needs for Shelter and Settlement, Field Version , IASC Emergency Shelter Cluster
The LENSS Tool Kit is designed to alleviate the difficulties of shelter and settlement needs assessment in the immediate aftermath of a disaster and before the recovery phase.
- Posted July 10, 2014
Risk Reduction and Rehabilitation
Risk reduction and rehabilitation area involves reducing urban risk and responding to crises through its resilient cities and settlements recovery programmes. It focuses on crisis-affected cities, offering disaster prevention and disaster response services. To ensure equitable access...
- Posted September 5, 2013
Shelter projects 2011/2012
This book contains summaries of shelter projects that have been implemented in response to conflicts, complex emergencies, and natural disasters from different parts of the world.
- Posted August 7, 2013