- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
All posts tagged "reconstruction"
- Good Practices and Lessons Learnt in Post-Conflict Reconstruction in Sri Lanka
When three decades of conflict ended in May 2009 in Sri Lanka, approximately 450,000 people had been displaced, with many having to rebuild their lives after having their houses destroyed, having lost family members and with no...
- Posted November 1, 2017
- Building Back Better – Supporting Spatial Planning in Gaza’s Khuza’a Municipality
Gaza, 02 March 2016– UN-Habitat through a partnership with the Dutch Creative Industries Fund deployed a team of four planning and architectural experts from Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany for a technical exchange with Gazan planners, engineers and community...
- Posted March 2, 2016
- Japanese Ambassador opens pre-school built through Un-Habitat Infrastructure Project
Kilinochchi, 5 November 2015– Japanese ambassador to Sri Lanka, Mr. Kenichi Suganuma and his wife Madam Akiko, visited Kilinochchi district this week where he opened the Peptees Preschool in Vivekanadanagar East Village constructed through UN-Habitat’s post conflict...
- Posted November 5, 2015
- Myanmar poor to benefit from Japan supported UN-Habitat initiative
Naw Pyi Taw, 24 March 2015– UN-Habitat will assist vulnerable communities on reconstructing community infrastructure in ethnic minority areas, and on reconstructing houses in Yangon region with a grant contribution of USD 5.3 million by the Government...
- Posted March 24, 2015
- Japan Provides USD 4.2 million to Improve Learning in Sri Lanka
Colombo, 12 March 2015– The Government of Japan is providing funding of USD 4,201,541 through the UN-Habitat for the sustainable resettlement of conflict affected people through community-driven improvement of the learning environment in Mannar District. Over the...
- Posted March 12, 2015
- Women in Post-Conflict Settlement Planning
Ten principles can be followed to produce the sort of equal post-conflict settlement planning that can help to build communities that have a better basis of becoming peaceful and sustainable.
- Posted July 18, 2014
- Innovative Approaches for Involuntary Resettlement
In Sri Lanka today, as in many other developing countries, there is a growing urgency to come up with creative and sustainable solutions to tackle the twin pressures of infrastructure needs and the interests of communities who...
- Posted July 4, 2014
- Recuperando la primera centralidad de la ciudad – Spanish Language Version
El segundo Encuentro Iberoamericano de Mejores Practicas Urbanas se centro en el analisis y en la discusion de la relacion entre la ciudad en expanison y la ciudad construida.
- Posted June 23, 2014
- Darfur Early Recovery , Stabilized Soil Blocks for Sustainable Urban Growth
If all estimated 400,000 families currently displaced in Darfur return to their places of origin and reconstruct their destroyed homes utilizing the traditional building practices, with wood as the main structural element, they will need to find...
- Posted June 19, 2014
- Turning Around the Tsunami
UN-HABITAT Working in Partnership with Sr Lanka Description/Abstract: After the tsunami hit Sri Lanka in December 2004, UN-Habitat has taken a lead role in the shelter recovery and rehabilitation efforts in partnership with the Government of Sri...
- Posted June 19, 2014
- Shelter Projects 2009
By the end of 2009, over 43 million people worldwide had been forcibly displaced due to conflict and persecution.
- Posted August 12, 2010
- Shelter Projects 2008 , IASC Emergency Shelter Cluster
In recent years, the humanitarian community has looked inward, learning from their past experiences in providing emergency shelter for the ever-increasing number of populations suffering from crises worldwide.
- Posted August 13, 2009
- Housing Finance Systems In South Africa
This report examines the housing finance mechanisms in South Africa.
- Posted July 15, 2007