- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "prosperity"
UN-Habitat Global Country Activities Report: 2015 – Increasing Synergy for Greater National Ownership
The UN-Habitat Global Activities Report formally the Operational Activities Report is an historical progress report to the Governing Council that takes into account the development made in addressing the UN-Habitat’s project portfolio at the national, regional and...
- Posted April 13, 2015
Construction of More Equitable Cities
This book teaches us that the fight against inequality requires the establishment of a new governance paradigm which coordinates efforts, strengthens formal coordination mechanisms, establishes joint responsibilities and provides the resources and incentives necessary at every level of government....
- Posted February 10, 2015
Construcción de Ciudades más Equitativas , Políticas públicas para la inclusión en América Latina
Los países y las ciudades de Latinoamérica han entrado en una senda de reducción de desigualdades. Sin embargo, las brechas que separan pobres de ricos siguen siendo las más elevadas del mundo.
- Posted July 18, 2014
The notion of prosperity – Mohamed Halfani, UN-Habitat
Mohamed Halfani (UN-Habitat) outlines the notion of prosperity as it relates to the work of UN-Habitat. This introduction to the theme of urban prosperity highlights the disjuncture between current developmental dynamism of cities as exhibited in high...
- Posted March 31, 2014
The State of Urban Youth 2012/2013 , Youth in the Prosperity of Cities
The increasing prominence of the youth bulge in most urban areas presents a unique opportunity, as they represent the most dynamic human resource available.
- Posted June 17, 2013
Cities of Youth, Cities of prosperity
Youth are key to the prosperity of cities in the developing world, yet many barriers prevent them from fulfilling this role - most notably access to education, vocational training, and employment.
- Posted June 17, 2013