- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
All posts tagged "Planning & Design"
- Call for Case Studies: Urban and Territorial Planning for Health
UN-Habitat invites national governments, local authorities, planning professionals, and civil society organizations to be part of our IG-UTP Compendium of Inspiring Practices: Health Edition by sharing with us case studies on urban and territorial planning (strategies, plans,...
- Posted May 21, 2018
- UN-Habitat for the redevelopment of Kabul Riverfront
Kabul 6 February 2017 – UN-Habitat will support the redevelopment of the Kabul riverfront in the historic core of the city. UN-Habitat’s Urban Planning and Design Lab together with UN-Habitat’s Afghanistan Country Office presented last week the...
- Posted February 7, 2017
- Publications supporting the spatial planning initiatives in Palestine launched
Ramallah, December 19, 2016 – UN-Habitat and its national partner, State of Palestine Ministry of Local Government launched two new publications under the framework of the joint cooperation to defend and advocate for the planning rights of...
- Posted December 19, 2016
- Urban Planning and Design Labs tools for integrated and participatory urban planning
Urban planning is a complex process that requires strong political leadership and commitment, and implementable legal frameworks articulated through a common development vision and social participation. It is exactly in the complexity of this process that UN-Habitat...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- Advancing Synergy between Airports and Cities: UN-Habitat and ICAO sign MoU at Habitat III
Quito, Ecuador, 9 November 2016 — UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos and the International Civil Aviation Organization Secretary General Dr. Fang Liu have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote synergy between airports and cities...
- Posted November 9, 2016
- Spatial Development Framework 2040 City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality
The Spatial Development Framework 2040 for Johannesburg is a city-wide spatial policy document developed by the City of Johannesburg in collaboration with The Urban Planning and Design Lab from UN-Habitat, Iyer Urban Design Studio and Urban the...
- Posted October 5, 2016
- Rapid Planning Studio Workshop Boosts Local Planning Capacity in Turkana
Eldoret, 04 October 2016 – UN-Habitat organized a two day workshop on urban planning for technical officers from different Ministries and line departments of County Government of Turkana. The workshop took place in Eldoret Town and contributed to...
- Posted October 3, 2016
- International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning discussed at ISOCARP Congress
Durban, 28 September 2016 – Planners from around the world engaged in discussing the application of the International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning Guidelines; a new tool being developed to provide a global reference framework for...
- Posted September 28, 2016
- UN-Habitat youth forum on urban economy in the refugee settlement
Kakuma, Kenya 12 September 2016—UN-Habitat and its partners recently hosted a forum to train a group of youths from Kakuma and Kalobeyei on urban economy. Mr. Geidon Loitalem Angelei, delegate from the Ministry of Trade, Industrialization and Enterprise...
- Posted September 12, 2016
- Chengdu and UN-Habitat revive their environmental partnership
Nairobi, 12 September 2016 – A delegation from the municipality of Chengdu, located in the Sichuan region of China, visited the UN-Habitat headquarters to agree on a newly developed project. This project will be developed by the Greener...
- Posted September 12, 2016
- Localizing the International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning (IG-UTP) in China
Wuhan, 09 Septemebr2016 – UN-Habitat and the Wuhan Land Use and Urban Spatial Planning Research Center (WLSP) organised an Expert Group Meeting to pilot the implementation of the IG-UTP in China. The Meeting brought together experts from...
- Posted September 9, 2016
- Nairobi meeting stresses synergy between airports and city stakeholders
Nairobi 08 September 2016– Over 40 experts representing aviation and city constituencies agreed to explore ways of strengthening collaboration and cooperation between airports and urban areas. The Expert Group Meeting (EGM) was recently co-convened by UN-Habitat and International...
- Posted September 8, 2016
- UN-Habitat and stakeholders conduct site visit for data validation on refugee site
Kaloyebei, 06 September 2016— A delegation from the Turkana County’s Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, comprising of senior planners, cartographers and surveyors, joined the UN-Habitat researchers in Kalobeyei to jointly confirm the agreed boundary and provide...
- Posted September 6, 2016
- UN-Habitat trains youth in data collection for refugee project
Kalobeyei 31 August 2016– UN-Habitat is working in agreement with the County Government, UNHCR and the local community to support planning for integrated refuges and host communities and developing a spatial plan for Kalobeyei New Settlement that...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- UN-Habitat launches Public Space and Market Place Programme in Bamenda, Cameroon
Bamenda, Cameroon, 31 August 2016–In August 2016, UN-Habitat and the Government Delegate of Bamenda City Council, Mr.Vincent Nji Ndumu, launched the Bamenda Public Space and Market Place Programme. Present at the event were representatives of the five...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- TICAD side event stresses integration
Nairobi, 27 August 2016—A side event at the ongoing TICAD VI meeting saw the importance of integration getting top priority. Officials from Japan’s Ministry of Infrastructure, Lands and Tourism- the organizers of the side event said the...
- Posted August 27, 2016
- UN-Habitat and partners in urban regeneration in Mexico City
Mexico City, 25 August 2016—Studies have showed that complex urban dynamics that respond to high land prices and lack of affordable housing in the center of the cities are forcing residents of large metropolis to relocate sometimes...
- Posted August 25, 2016
- Asian urban experts root for citywide public space strategies
Kuala Lumpur 17 August 2016– UN-Habitat conducted its’ first international workshop on public spaces titled “Creating safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia early thismonth. Jointly organized by Citynet and Kuala Lumpur...
- Posted August 17, 2016
- Urban planning and design at Surabaya
Surabaya 2 August 2016—Crucial bi-lateral meetings coupled with several side events were held during the just concluded Prepcom 3 meeting in Surabaya, Indonesia. Mr Raf Tuts, Coordinator of the Urban Planning and Design Branch, actively participated in...
- Posted August 2, 2016
- Ningo-Prampram planning authority approves Accra’s planned city extension
Accra, 27 July 2016 – The concept plan for the Accra urban extension in Ningo-Prampram, developed by UN-Habitat’s Urban Planning and Design LAB, was approved by the Statutory Planning Authority of the Ningo-Prampram District Assembly (NiPDA). This...
- Posted July 27, 2016