- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
All posts tagged "Planned City Extensions"
- Planned City Extensions: Analysis of Historical Examples
Developing countries are urbanizing at an incredibly fast pace and, in many cases, with unplanned settlements that pose enormous challenges. Growing cities need to define the urban planning frameworks that will guide the construction of new neighbourhoods...
- Posted February 18, 2015
- On compact, Integrated & connected cities – Raf Tuts, UN-Habitat
The Urban Planning and Design focus area of UN-Habitat aims to support cities, regional and national authorities in adopting improved policies, plans and designs for more compact, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- Planned City Extensions
Urban growth of the past 30 years has largely resulted in crowded slums and sprawling settlements in the urban fringe. Cities are consuming land, increasingly, to accommodate new developments. In some regions, urban land has grown much...
- Posted March 26, 2014