- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Planned City Extensions"
Planned City Extensions: Analysis of Historical Examples
Developing countries are urbanizing at an incredibly fast pace and, in many cases, with unplanned settlements that pose enormous challenges. Growing cities need to define the urban planning frameworks that will guide the construction of new neighbourhoods...
- Posted February 18, 2015
On compact, Integrated & connected cities – Raf Tuts, UN-Habitat
The Urban Planning and Design focus area of UN-Habitat aims to support cities, regional and national authorities in adopting improved policies, plans and designs for more compact, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable...
- Posted March 31, 2014
Planned City Extensions
Urban growth of the past 30 years has largely resulted in crowded slums and sprawling settlements in the urban fringe. Cities are consuming land, increasingly, to accommodate new developments. In some regions, urban land has grown much...
- Posted March 26, 2014