- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Philippines"
- Post Haiyan shelter projects wraps with 660 families getting resilient houses and households strengthened against disaster
Barangay Pawa, Philippines 2 July 2015— Rising from the wreckage of Super Typhoon Haiyan, 660 families finally completed the building of their houses and 54 community infrastructure projects in 28 communities in Capiz and Iloilo as the...
- Posted July 2, 2015
- World Habitat Awards 2014/15 Winners Announced
Tuesday 28 April 2015— Winners of the 2015 World Habitat Awards were presented at the 25th Session of the UN- Habitat Governing Council in Nairobi. This year’s winners were Liter of Light, Philippines and Housing First Project by...
- Posted April 28, 2015
- French President visits Guiuan and meets local leaders, fisherfolk and the youth
Manila 6 March 2015—On his Philippines tour, French President Francois Hollande’s made a whistle stop visit of Guiuan, meeting local leaders, fishermen and the youth. Guiuan, a second-class municipality at the southern tip of Eastern Samar, facing...
- Posted March 6, 2015
- Public space in spotlight at Manila conference
Manila, 2 March 2015 – An Interactive Conference on “Public Space and the New Urban Agenda” took place in Pasay City, Manila, jointly organized by UN-Habitat, League of Cities of the Philippines and Future of Places in...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- UN-Habitat housing serves as Emergency Shelter during Typhoon Hagupit
Panay, Philippines, 15 December 2014 – They all slept well. That was the first thing heard from many in the community when the UN-Habitat Roxas field team visited their project sites one day after Typhoon Hagupit (known...
- Posted December 15, 2014
- Philippines youth dance to safe and resilient cities
Tacloban City, Philippines 31 October 2014— In the afternoon of October 23, 2014, droves of teens and young adults headed to the Balyuan Grounds in Tacloban City despite gray skies, puddled pavements, and light but steady rain...
- Posted November 3, 2014
- UN-Habitat Trains over 300 on Disaster-Resilient Construction
Manila 25 September 2014— As part of capacity building component and campaign for sustainable self-recovery among the populations affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda in the Philippines) which struck last November , UN-Habitat has just conducted a series...
- Posted September 26, 2014
- Philippines celebrates World Humanitarian Day
Manila 26 August 2014– Campaigns and activities to celebrate World Humanitarian Day, celebrated on August 19, took place across the Philippines with successful turnouts and wide local media coverage. In Manila, a loop video with inputs from...
- Posted August 26, 2014
- Governments of Philippines and Japan join hands with UN-Habitat to help Typhoon Haiyan victims
Roxas City, 18 August 2014: The governments of Philippines and Japan have joined hands with UN-Habitat to offer help to those who suffered unmitigated losses from Typhoon Haiyan. Two weeks ago saw the launch the Post-Yolanda Support...
- Posted August 18, 2014
- UN-Habitat Country Programme Document 2008-2009 – Philippines
This Country Programme Document presents an analysis of the Human Settlements and Urbanization realities in the Philippines.
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Community-Based Housing Finance Initiatives
This report examines one of the main innovations and trends in community-based housing finance initiatives - the Community Mortgage Programme in Philippines.
- Posted July 7, 2014
- Innovative Urban Tenure in the Philippines
This technical publication documents and draws lessons from the Philippine's experience in implementing alternative approaches in securing tenure for the urban poor.
- Posted June 26, 2014
- Fiscal Decentralisation in Philippines
This report examines the fiscal decentralisation experience in Philippines. Since 1991, the central government has devolved significant spending, taxing, and borrowing powers to local governments.
- Posted June 20, 2014
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 869,370 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 7 projects Main donors: The main donors to UN-HABITAT’s projects in the Philippines are Multi Donor Group Fund – Spain, Asian Development Bank...
- Posted June 16, 2014
- Sorsogon, Philippines: Climate Change Assessment
The Sorsogon Climate Change Assessment examines the climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation capacity of a small coastal city in the Philippines - Sorsogon City in the Bicol Region.
- Posted July 1, 2010
- The Sustainable Cities Programme in the Philippines ((1998-2007) – A compendium of good practices
The Sustainable CitiesProgramme/LA21 Programme in the Philippines was started in 1998 by UN-HABITAT in collaboration with the department of the environment and Natural Resources. It was targeted at secondary towns and was perceived as a localization of...
- Posted July 14, 2009