- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Mozambique"
- UN-Habitat launches Multifunctional Community Centre for Renewable Energy in Beira, Mozambique
Beira, 27 April 2016–UN-Habitat and the Municipal Council of Beira (CMB) last week launched the Multifunctional Community Centre for Renewables Energy Project in the slum of Munhava, around the city of Beira in Mozambique. The USD 158,000...
- Posted April 27, 2016
- UN-Habitat hosts rapid planning studio in Nampula, Mozambique
Nampula, 07 March 2016– UN-Habitat last month organized a Rapid Planning Studio in Nacala corridor with 25 participants. Nacala corridor is one of the designated economic corridors in Mozambique that connects the main cities of Tete, Nampula and...
- Posted March 8, 2016
- DiMSUR holds third Executive Board meeting
Maputo, 5 November 2015– The Technical Centre for Disaster Risk Management, Sustainability and Urban Resilience (DiMSUR) held its third Executive Board meeting in Maputo, Mozambique. DiMSUR was launched in 2014 by the Governments of Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique and the Union of...
- Posted November 5, 2015
- Mozambique Projects
- Posted September 16, 2015
- Local Economic Development and Financing in Nampula-Nacala Development Corrodor in Mozambique
The underlying strategy of LED being recommended here is based upon identifying local resources, human, social, and natural that can be leveraged into economic assets. It is furthermore predicated upon the recognition that inclusive political and economic institutions...
- Posted August 18, 2014
- UN-HABITAT Country Programme Document 2008-2009 – Mozambique
The Habitat Country Programme Document for Mozambique outlines the main objectives and priorities of UN-HABITAT. In collaboration with the government and other UN Agencies, the overall aim of this UN-HABITAT Country Programme Document is to promote the...
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Mozambique: National Urban Profile
Mozambique, which is located on the south eastern coast of Africa, has a population of 20 million.
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Mozambique: National Urban Profile – Portuguese
Moçambique situa-se na costa oriental de África, é um país com uma população aproximada de 20 milhões de habitantes. Saído de uma Guerra civil devastadora em 1992, o país tem crescido a uma taxa anual de quase10%.
- Posted July 10, 2014
- Mozambique Cities Urban Profile: Maputo, Nacala and Manica
Urban Profiling is a rapid, action-oriented assessment of urban conditions, focusing on priorities, capacity gaps, and existing institutional responses at the local and national levels.
- Posted June 30, 2014
- Focus on Mozambique , A decade of experimenting disaster risk reduction strategies
The aim of this publication is to present UN-Habitat's activities in Mozambique for reducing the vulnerability of local population living in disaster-prone areas which have been implemented since 2002.
- Posted June 18, 2014
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2015): US$ 7,104,743 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2015): 14 projects Main donors: Spain, UNDP/ Spain MDGF, One UN Fund, Booyoung, IBRD/World Bank, BASF AG, FAO, European Commission and the Africa, Caribbean and...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- Case Study I: Water Operators’ Partnerships in Africa
A water operators’ partnership (WOP) is a collaboration between two or more water or sanitation operators, conducted on a not-for-profit basis, in the aim of developing their capacity. These partnerships are being used as a way of...
- Posted December 10, 2012
- Maputo, Mozambique: Climate Change Assessment
The Maputo Climate Change Assessment is based on the proposed Framework for Urban Climate Risk Assessment developed by the Fifth Urban Research Symposium.
- Posted July 1, 2010
- Law, Land Tenure and Gender Review: Southern Africa (Mozambique)
This report was commissioned by UN-Habitat to review the laws and land tenure of a selected number of southern African countries.
- Posted July 21, 2006