All posts tagged "Mobility"
- The Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation (LVWATSAN-Mwanza) Project: Mobilization and Institutional Facilitation of Sanitation (UN-Habitat)
European Investment Bank (EIB) and Agence Française de Développement (AFD) have partnered together with the Government of Tanzania and UN-Habitat in implementing a project dubbed “The Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation (LVWATSAN-Mwanza) Project: Mobilization and Institutional Facilitation...
- Posted February 6, 2017
- Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
This course is aimed at decision-makers who wish to gain an advanced understanding of Sustainable and Innovative Urban Mobility Solutions. You are eligible to apply only if you are a representative of a local, regional or national...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- Experts discuss ICT as a solution for mobility
Kiambu, Kenya 15 September 2016– Experts from UN-Habitat, telecommunications giant Ericsson, Mat Q- a leading transport sectors’ web based ERP System – and the County Government of Kiambu among other stakeholders held a consultative meeting in Nairobi which...
- Posted September 15, 2016
- UN-Habitat spearheads initiative to improve Nairobi’s transport systems
Stockholm 2 July 2015—UN-Habitat is spearheading an ambitious initiative that is expected to drastically improve Nairobi’s transportation systems and position the Kenyan capital as the regional travel hub. Towards this end, last month the Governor of Nairobi...
- Posted July 2, 2015
- Bicycle use Study and Analysis Report for Nairobi Central Business District
This report presents the summary findings from bicycle use study within Nairobi Business District. The study was conducted to address the objectives that formed the scope of the study that focused on assessment of bicycle use within...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Poverty and sustainable transport
This review of the poverty implications of urban and rural transport was requested by the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT), contracted by UN-Habitat and implemented by the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) with funding from UK...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Indicators of urban poor communities and their accessibility
The purpose of this paper is to provide a clear guide to users of the Urban Poor Accessibility Tool on how to: – Identify target urban poor communities using indicators – Easily analyse the information and data...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Promoting Non-Motorized Transport in Asian Cities: Policymakers’ Toolbo
Parallel to urbanization, Asia is undergoing rapid motorization. Asia is now home to around half a billion vehicles. It has been estimated that by 2035, both the vehicle population and motorization index will at least double in...
- Posted August 29, 2014
- Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility:Global Report on Human Settlements 2013 – Policy directions (Arabic Language Version)
Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility argues that the development of sustainable urban transport systems requires a conceptual leap. The purpose 'transportation' and 'mobility' is to gain access to destinations, activities, services and goods.
- Posted July 29, 2014
- Streets as Tools for Urban Transformation in Slums.
A Street-Led Approach to Citywide Slum Upgrading. Historically, governments have implemented slum upgrading projects and programmes of varying scale and scope.
- Posted July 18, 2014
- Sustainable Mobility in African Cities
This report is the summary of the seminar ‘Sustainable Development of Public Transport in Africa’, held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Posted June 27, 2014
- People and Mobility , Promoting non-motorised transport options and compact cities as complements to public transport
This report covers the process and general debate of the Expert Group Meeting on Sustainable Mobility for African Cities in Dakar, Senegal, following the 1st UATP Congress on African Public Transport.
- Posted June 23, 2014
- Transport and Mobility Snapshots
This illustrated report provides a rich collection of images of sustainable urban transport and mobility initiatives from cities around the world which are represented in the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA).
- Posted June 13, 2014
- Action Platform on Urban Electric Mobility Initiative (UEMI)
The transport sector is a vital enabler of economic activity and social connectivity, but is also the second largest and one of the fastest growing energy end-use sectors, representing 23% of global energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. The...
- Posted May 13, 2014
- Experts gather in Spain to promote national urban policies
Madrid, 12 May 2014: In collaboration with Barcelona City Council, UN-Habitat recently organized two Experts Group Meetings in Madrid and Barcelona on National Urban Policies and on Sustainable Urban Mobility, respectively. The meetings were held under the...
- Posted May 12, 2014
- ‘Transforming cities with transit’ – Robert Cervero, University of California, Berkeley
Drawing from the recent publication “Transforming Cities with Transit”, the director of the Institute of Urban and Regional Development and professor of City and Regional Planning at UC Berkeley, Robert Cervero, calls for elevating the role of...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- Transport and Mobility Snapshots , Report from UNACLA
This illustrated report provides a rich collection of images of sustainable urban transport and mobility initiatives from cities around the world which are represented in the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA). The collection considers...
- Posted March 13, 2014
- Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility: Global Report on Human Settlements 2013
Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility argues that the development of sustainable urban transport systems requires a conceptual leap. The purpose ‘transportation’ and ‘mobility’ is to gain access to destinations, activities, services and goods. Thus access...
- Posted March 13, 2014
- The relevance of street patterns and public space in urban areas
UN-Habitat has carried out, through affordable geographic information systems, an estimation of the public space allocated to the street in different cities of the world to focus attention to the need for better spatial planning that gives...
- Posted March 12, 2014
Despite the increasing level of urban mobility worldwide, access to places has become increasingly difficult, and dependency on cars and other motorized transport is growing. Read more about today's mobility challenges and how UN-Habitat is addressing them.
- Posted March 2, 2014