- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Mobility"
- Medición de impacto – Urbanismo Táctico Parque de los Niños
Con fin de medir la percepción de la intervención por parte de los peatones que pasan por la zona, se realizaron dos sesiones de sondeo en el punto, antes y después de la intervención de urbanismo táctico....
- Posted October 10, 2018
- Streets for walking & cycling Designing for safety, accessibility, and comfort in African cities
Walking and cycling are healthy and pollution-free forms of mobility that are fundamental to life. In African cities, many are dependent on these modes as their primary means of transport. Even for those who choose public transport...
- Posted September 10, 2018
- Reducing speeds for better mobility and quality of life – CarlosFelipe Pardo
The lecture will address the issue of having more appropriate speeds in cities while increasing efficiency and livability. MP3 AUDIO: CarlosFelipe Pardo – Reducing speeds for better mobility and quality of life SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses...
- Posted August 1, 2017
- UN-Habitat and DLR sign Memorandum of Understanding on Sustainable Urban Mobility
Berlin, 18 July 2017 – The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Institute of Transport Research of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding that aims to promote cooperation between the...
- Posted July 19, 2017
- The Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation (LVWATSAN-Mwanza) Project: Mobilization and Institutional Facilitation of Sanitation (UN-Habitat)
Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation program (LVWATSAN) was first launched in 2004 by the Ministers responsible for water within the East Africa Community (EAC) with the aim of achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) for water and...
- Posted February 6, 2017
- Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
This course is aimed at decision-makers who wish to gain an advanced understanding of Sustainable and Innovative Urban Mobility Solutions. You are eligible to apply only if you are a representative of a local, regional or national...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- Experts discuss ICT as a solution for mobility
Kiambu, Kenya 15 September 2016– Experts from UN-Habitat, telecommunications giant Ericsson, Mat Q- a leading transport sectors’ web based ERP System – and the County Government of Kiambu among other stakeholders held a consultative meeting in Nairobi which...
- Posted September 15, 2016
- UN-Habitat spearheads initiative to improve Nairobi’s transport systems
Stockholm 2 July 2015—UN-Habitat is spearheading an ambitious initiative that is expected to drastically improve Nairobi’s transportation systems and position the Kenyan capital as the regional travel hub. Towards this end, last month the Governor of Nairobi...
- Posted July 2, 2015
- Bicycle use Study and Analysis Report for Nairobi Central Business District
This report presents the summary findings from bicycle use study within Nairobi Business District. The study was conducted to address the objectives that formed the scope of the study that focused on assessment of bicycle use within...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Poverty and sustainable transport
This review of the poverty implications of urban and rural transport was requested by the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT), contracted by UN-Habitat and implemented by the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) with funding from UK...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Indicators of urban poor communities and their accessibility
The purpose of this paper is to provide a clear guide to users of the Urban Poor Accessibility Tool on how to: – Identify target urban poor communities using indicators – Easily analyse the information and data...
- Posted June 5, 2015
- Promoting Non-Motorized Transport in Asian Cities: Policymakers’ Toolbo
Parallel to urbanization, Asia is undergoing rapid motorization. Asia is now home to around half a billion vehicles. It has been estimated that by 2035, both the vehicle population and motorization index will at least double in...
- Posted August 29, 2014
- Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility:Global Report on Human Settlements 2013 – Policy directions (Arabic Language Version)
Planning and Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility argues that the development of sustainable urban transport systems requires a conceptual leap. The purpose 'transportation' and 'mobility' is to gain access to destinations, activities, services and goods.
- Posted July 29, 2014
- Streets as Tools for Urban Transformation in Slums.
A Street-Led Approach to Citywide Slum Upgrading. Historically, governments have implemented slum upgrading projects and programmes of varying scale and scope.
- Posted July 18, 2014
- Sustainable Mobility in African Cities
This report is the summary of the seminar ‘Sustainable Development of Public Transport in Africa’, held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Posted June 27, 2014
- People and Mobility , Promoting non-motorised transport options and compact cities as complements to public transport
This report covers the process and general debate of the Expert Group Meeting on Sustainable Mobility for African Cities in Dakar, Senegal, following the 1st UATP Congress on African Public Transport.
- Posted June 23, 2014
- Transport and Mobility Snapshots
This illustrated report provides a rich collection of images of sustainable urban transport and mobility initiatives from cities around the world which are represented in the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA).
- Posted June 13, 2014
- Action Platform on Urban Electric Mobility Initiative (UEMI)
The transport sector is a vital enabler of economic activity and social connectivity, but is also the second largest and one of the fastest growing energy end-use sectors, representing 23% of global energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. The...
- Posted May 13, 2014
- Experts gather in Spain to promote national urban policies
Madrid, 12 May 2014: In collaboration with Barcelona City Council, UN-Habitat recently organized two Experts Group Meetings in Madrid and Barcelona on National Urban Policies and on Sustainable Urban Mobility, respectively. The meetings were held under the...
- Posted May 12, 2014
- ‘Transforming cities with transit’ – Robert Cervero, University of California, Berkeley
Drawing from the recent publication “Transforming Cities with Transit”, the director of the Institute of Urban and Regional Development and professor of City and Regional Planning at UC Berkeley, Robert Cervero, calls for elevating the role of...
- Posted March 28, 2014