- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Lake victoria"
Relief to residents of informal settlements in Mwanza, Tanzania
Mwanza, 28 June 2018–Residents of the informal settlements of Mabatini, Igogo and Kilimahewa in Mwanza, Tanzania have a reason to smile as they access safe sanitation and clean water in the rocky hills of Mwanza. Two-thirds of...
- Posted June 28, 2018
Lake Victoria towns to improve faecal sludge management
Kericho, Kenya, 3 September 2014: UN-Habitat has conducted a three-day regional workshop in Kericho focused on best practices in faecal sludge management in Africa, including case studies of Dakar, Accra and Kampala. The workshop was attended by...
- Posted September 3, 2014
Financing Urban Development around Lake Victoria
The publication is a toolkit specifically prepared to help local authorities raise internal and external resources to finance implementation of priority projects and programmes.
- Posted July 10, 2014
Cities Development Strategies for Improved Urban Environment and Poverty Reduction: In the Lake Victoria Region
The publication is a documentation of the process, achievements and lessons learnt in the development of city development strategies for cities in Phase I of the Lake Victoria City Development Strategies initiative.
- Posted July 4, 2014
How to Set Up and Manage a Town-Level Multistakeholder Forum: A Step-by-Step Guide
There is no one best way to set up and manage a town-level multistakeholder forum. The composition of the multistakeholder forum and issues to be addressed will differ from one town to another.
- Posted July 15, 2008
Lake Victoria Region Water and Sanitation Intitiative , Rapid appraisal of water and Sanitation in 30 Selected Urban Centers
UN-HABITAT has been implementing the Water for African Cities Programme since 1999.
- Posted August 13, 2004