- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Japan"
- UN-Habitat holds planning workshops for Kenya’s county legislators
Kisumu, Kenya 24 May 2016 — UN-Habitat, with the support of the Japanese government recently organised a two-day workshop on Urban Planning for the members of the Kisumu and Turkana Counties in Kenya. The workshop aimed to...
- Posted May 24, 2016
- Government of Japan gives USD 15 million to UN-Habitat projects in Iraq
Nairobi, 2 March 2016- The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) has received USD 15 million from the Government of Japan to implement two projects in Iraq: “Gender-sensitive Durable Shelter Support for Internally Displaced Persons in Iraq” and...
- Posted March 2, 2016
- Afghanistan holds ‘Inclusive Cities Week’ to network communities from regional hub cities and Kabul
Kabul, Afghanistan, February 08 2016 – During 1-5 February 2016 more than 350 civil society representatives and community members from the five major Afghan cities – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar – were in Kabul to take...
- Posted February 8, 2016
- Japan empowers South Sudan Communities through provision of basic services
Juba, South Sudan, February 05 2016 – A delegation from the Government of Japan led by Ambassador Kiya Masahiko made a visit to the UN-Habitat project in Gureii to inspect the ongoing work to provide clean water...
- Posted February 5, 2016
- Government of Japan gives USD 51 million for UN-Habitat executed projects in Asia, Arab States and Africa
Nairobi, 27 March 2015—With the contribution of USD50.93 million from the Government of Japan, UN-Habitat will implement projects in Asia, Arab States and Africa. The projects set to benefit from the generous contribution are in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan,...
- Posted March 27, 2015
- Myanmar poor to benefit from Japan supported UN-Habitat initiative
Naw Pyi Taw, 24 March 2015– UN-Habitat will assist vulnerable communities on reconstructing community infrastructure in ethnic minority areas, and on reconstructing houses in Yangon region with a grant contribution of USD 5.3 million by the Government...
- Posted March 24, 2015
- UN-Habitat and Red Cross To Partner on Post-Disaster Housing
Sendai, 19 March 2015 – UN-Habitat and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding that they will work together on promoting adequate shelter and settlements for all,...
- Posted March 19, 2015
- UN-Habitat at the World Conference on Disaster and Risk Reduction (WCDRR)
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for sustainable urban development. It is mandated to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities while advocating adequate shelter for all. As the lead...
- Posted March 13, 2015
- Japan Provides USD 4.2 million to Improve Learning in Sri Lanka
Colombo, 12 March 2015– The Government of Japan is providing funding of USD 4,201,541 through the UN-Habitat for the sustainable resettlement of conflict affected people through community-driven improvement of the learning environment in Mannar District. Over the...
- Posted March 12, 2015
- Asia and Pacific region mayors call for efforts towards resilient cities
Bangkok 24 February 2015 – The first Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific 2015 was organized on 11-13 February 2015 in Bangkok, bringing together over 300 participants from the region, mainly mayors and local authorities. It was a lead up...
- Posted February 24, 2015
- Online platform to track impact of programming in Afghanistan
Kabul, 23 July 2014 – UN-Habitat has launched an innovative online monitoring tool employing Google Maps to document the progress of community and municipal-led development projects in Afghanistan. The initiative has been undertaken as part of programming...
- Posted July 24, 2014
- Fiscal Decentralisation in Japan
Japanese fiscal system places a high premium on tax and expenditure harmonization and on the control by higher level governments.
- Posted June 19, 2014
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 4,526,659 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 4 projects Main donors: The main donors to UN-Habitat projects in Japan are the Government of Japan and other local donors. Implementing partners:...
- Posted June 13, 2014