- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Indonesia"
- UN-Habitat presents global tool to measure sustainable urban development
Surabaya, 25 July 2016 – UN-Habitat has developed a tool that can measure the prosperity of a city through its City Prosperity Initiative. Eduardo Moreno, Director of the Research and Capacity Development at UN-Habitat presented the new...
- Posted July 25, 2016
- Building sustainable cities major factor in meeting SDGs says Clos
Surabaya, 25 July 2016 – UN-Habitat Executive Director, Dr Joan Clos has said that much of the success in achieving the goals of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda will depend on “building sustainable cities.” Dr Clos made the...
- Posted July 25, 2016
- UN-Habitat hosts youth discussion on urban youth and equity in Asia-Pacific
Medan, Indonesia, 23 February 2016 – Around 70 young people gathered in Medan, Indonesia on Saturday for a focus group discussion and survey research on urban youth and equity in Asia-Pacific. The lively event kicked off with...
- Posted February 23, 2016
- Indonesia hosts Asia-Pacific experts in countdown to Habitat III
Jakarta, 26 November 2014—The government of Indonesia this week hosted the Asia Pacific Expert Group Meeting for Habitat III. Held under the auspices of the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, the meeting which took place in...
- Posted November 27, 2014
- Makassar Indonesia; Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
Climate change is already affecting millions of people worldwide. In urban areas, which are typically characterized by significantly higher population density, climate change will exacerbate and compound existing vulnerabilities, especially for the urban poor.
- Posted October 1, 2014
- Indonesia prepares National Report for Habitat III
Jakarta, 2 September 2014: The Government of Indonesia helda workshop for its Habitat III National Report at the end of August. Under the theme “National and Global Recommendations Towards Sustainable Settlements”, the Jakarta workshop was convened by...
- Posted September 2, 2014
- Land Tenure Security in Selected Countries
Secure land and property rights for all are essential to reducing poverty because they underpin economic development and social inclusion. Secure land tenure and property rights enable people in urban and rural areas to invest in improved...
- Posted August 1, 2014
- UN-Habitat Country Programme Document 2008-2009 – Indonesia
The Republic of Indonesia is an equatorial archipelago of over 17,500 islands (6,000 inhabited) extending about 3,200 miles or 5,150 kilometers East to West and 1,250 miles or 2,012 kilometres North to South.
- Posted July 11, 2014
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 5,942,738 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 11 projects Main donors: Asian Development Bank (ADB), International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) Switzerland, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)...
- Posted March 26, 2014
- Housing Finance Mechanisms in Indonesia
This report examines the nature and scope of the housing problem, the housing sector and the financial sector in Indonesia.
- Posted July 15, 2008