- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "India"
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
Delhi, 9 October 2018 – Findings of research conducted since 2016 by UN-Habitat, Oxford Brookes University (OBU), The Energy and Resource Institute (TERI), and Development Alternatives (DA) were presented at a national workshop on Mainstreaming Sustainable Social...
- Posted October 16, 2018
- National Campaign on Cities and Human Settlements launched in New Delhi, India
New Delhi, 8 October 2015: On the second day of the Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC) India hosted by the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), the organizers launched the National Campaign on Cities and Human Settlements. This campaign...
- Posted October 8, 2015
- UN-Habitat launches call for Urban Youth Fund applications
Nairobi, 26 February 2015- UN-Habitat on Thursday launched call for applications for the Urban Youth Fund. In its seventh year, the Fund provides grants to projects led by young people aged 15-32 years who are piloting innovative...
- Posted February 26, 2015
- Government of India supports housing efforts in Sri Lanka
Colombo 19 February 2015 – The Government of India in June 2010 announced that it would construct 50,000 houses as part of its post-conflict rehabilitation efforts. The Project is being implemented as full grant assistance amounting to USD...
- Posted February 19, 2015
- Empowering Local Authorities in India
Nairobi, 20 November 2014: The importance of empowering local authorities to enable them to implement concrete changes to urban development has been highlighted at a recent meeting of more than 1,000 representatives of national, state and local...
- Posted November 20, 2014
- UN-Habitat ready to support India’s urban agenda – Clos
Delhi, 14 November 2014: UN-Habitat’s Executive Director, Dr. Joan Clos has said that the agency is committed to help Prime Minister Modi to implement ambitious plans that he has recently announced for the sustainable development of India’s...
- Posted November 15, 2014
- Youth celebrated for their role in social innovation in India
Mumbai, 16 October 2014 – The role of youth as social innovators in sustainable development has been highlighted by speakers at a conference in India. The comments were made by UN-Habitat’s Chief Scientific Advisor, Oyeyinka Oyebanji as...
- Posted October 16, 2014
Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2015): US$ 808,851 Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2015): 6 projects Main donors: BASF Social Foundation, Germany and United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR). The government of India is also...
- Posted June 13, 2014
- Housing Finance Mechanisms in India
India is home to over 1.1 billion people. With about one in every sixth person in the world living in India, housing perforce assumes significant importance.
- Posted July 16, 2008
- Navigating Gender in Development of Water and Sanitation in Urban Areas – A Rapid Gender Assessment of the Cities of Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore and Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh (India)
This publication has been brought out in partnership with Mahila Chetna Manch, an NGO based in Bhopal (India).
- Posted July 21, 2006
- Poverty Mapping , A Situational Analysis of Poverty Pockets in Bhopal
This is a project report publication produced within the framework of a cooperative agreement with Water-Aid reflecting UN-HABITAT’s work on poverty mapping in the city of Bhopal, India.
- Posted July 18, 2006
- Guidelines on Revolving Funds for Community Managed Water Supply Schemes and Construction of Individual Household Toilets in Urban Slums in Madhya Pradesh, India
With rapid urban development, the gap between demand and supply in the water and sanitation sector is widening, imposing stress on the basic infrastructure facilities by the urban local bodies, which often fails to address the growing...
- Posted July 18, 2006