- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Global"
- Egypt Documents
Abdeen Rennovation – Full Report Abdeen Square Development; From yesterday to today Al Maragha City Profile – Arabic Al-Alamein New City Berket Al Sabba City Profile – Arabic Cairo, a City in Transition Country Profile Egypt English...
- Posted August 14, 2017
- 加强城市安全与保障 全球人类住区报告2007 (GRHS 2007)
- Posted February 18, 2016
- UN-Habitat goes live with global website in Spanish and Chinese
Nairobi, 29 October 2015: As part of its advocacy, outreach and communications strategy started in 2012, UN-Habitat today launched its global website in Spanish, es.unhabitat.org and in Chinese, cn.unhabitat.org. Alongside the launch, UN-Habitat also introduced two new...
- Posted October 29, 2015
- UN to promote more accessible and inclusive cities for persons with disabilities
Nairobi 28 October 2015– A global United Nations meeting bringing together more than 60 urban planning and disability experts opens today at the UN Office in Nairobi. Over the next three days, the experts will discuss solutions...
- Posted October 28, 2015
- The World Bank Group and UN-Habitat re-affirm their commitment to sustainable urban development
Lima, Peru, October 12, 2015 – On the occasion of the “What Makes a Sustainable City?” event held on Saturday, 10th October, 2015, during the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings in Lima, Peru, the World Bank Group and...
- Posted October 12, 2015
- Calls for sustainable urbanisation as the globe celebrates World Habitat Day
New York/New Delhi/Nairobi 6 October 2015—World Habitat Day was marked on Monday with calls for sustainable urbanisation across the globe. In a message during a World Habitat Day High Level Discussion on ‘Public Spaces for All’ In...
- Posted October 6, 2015
- Celebrations planned around the globe to mark World Habitat Day
Nairobi 5 October 2015—The United Nations, national and regional governments, learning institutions, non-governmental organisations as well as private individuals have lined up a series of events to mark this year’s World Habitat Day which is being commemorated...
- Posted October 5, 2015
- United Nations adopts SDGs, cities in greater focus
New York 1 October 2015—Last Friday at the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit, world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The milestone of this is a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality...
- Posted October 1, 2015
- Egypt Launches its First National Urban Forum
Cairo, 25 June 2015—Egypt last week held its first ever National Urban Forum, which enabled meaningful, public discussion on urbanization challenges and opportunities and by allowing free access to all who registered, provided a rare opportunity for...
- Posted June 25, 2015
- UN-Habitat promotes sustainable urban planning and development in Myanmar
Yangon, 24 June 2015 – UN-Habitat recently hosted a two-week mission of international experts to deliver urban planning training and undertake socioeconomic analysis of major Myanmar cities. The mission included staff from UN-Habitat headquarters and seven visiting experts from...
- Posted June 24, 2015
- UN-Habitat and UNDP develop spatial visioning for Palestine
Jerusalem 17 June 2015 – UN-Habitat and UNDP joined forces to curate and facilitate a spatial visioning exercise between the 6th and the 14th of June 2015. The International Society for City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), which...
- Posted June 17, 2015
UN-Habitat Projects in Tunisia Sharing Opportunities for Low carbon Urban transportation (SOLUTIONS) Duration: July 2013 – July 2016 Value: US$ 130,171 Donor: Wuppertal Institut Fur Klima/ Umwelt/ Energie GMBH Implementing Partners: Mobili-T Tunisia
- Posted May 21, 2015
- Burkina Faso
UN-Habitat Projects in Burkina Faso Supporting the implementation of the Urban Burkina Faso Country Programme Duration: January 2014 – 31 December 2016 Value: US$977,500 Donor: UNOPS – Switzerland Implementing Partners: Laboratoire Citoyennetes Participatory Slum Upgrading Programme The Participatory Slum Upgrading...
- Posted May 21, 2015
- The Challenge of Local Government Financing in Developing Countries
The report identifies successful governance mechanisms for efficient and equitable provision of public services in metropolitan areas of developing countries, and shares experiences and methods to making public service provision more viable in peri-urban areas of large...
- Posted May 18, 2015
- The Role of ICT in the Proposed Urban Sustainable Development Goal and the New Urban Agenda
As the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) expire in 2015, an international process is underway to define the Post-2015 Development Agenda. This process involves a wide range of stakeholders, and has spanned several years. The Rio+20 outcome document,...
- Posted May 15, 2015
- Knowing Kabul. A potential powerhouse of social and economic development
This paper examines the specific urban development challenges and opportunities facing the city of Kabul. It first presents the main findings from the State of Afghan Cities 2014/15 Programme land use and housing analysis. It shows the...
- Posted May 11, 2015
- Governing Council approves International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning
Nairobi, Kenya, 30 April 2015 – France, Japan, South Africa and Uganda co-sponsored the Resolution 25/6 of UN-Habitat Governing Council that approved the International Guidelines on Urban and Territorial Planning . The Resolution calls upon ‘international financial institutions,...
- Posted April 30, 2015
- Governing Council ends as UN-Habitat’s responsibility to lead New Urban Agenda solidified
Nairobi 29 April 2015—The 25th session of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat came to a close Thursday night, 24th April 2015, solidifying the agency’s responsibility to lead the New Urban Agenda. The closing followed days of hard...
- Posted April 29, 2015
- Winners of the Participatory Slum Upgrading Project video competition announced
Nairobi, 29 April 2015– A video awards ceremony took place recently to award winners of the recently concluded UN-Habitat Participatory Slum Upgrading Project video competition at the just concluded 25th session of the Governing Council. The awards...
- Posted April 29, 2015
- Delegates deliberate on green and smart development of Tam Ky City
Tam Ky City, Vietnam 28 April 2015— Tam Ky City People’s Committee, UN-Habitat and The City of Fukuoka, Japan jointly conducted the workshop on “Strengthening cooperation toward green and smart development strategy in Tam Ky”. Vice Chairman...
- Posted April 28, 2015