- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Global Urban Observatory"
- Preparing Cities to Monitor and Report on Goal 11
Nairobi, 17 July 2018 – With support from UN-Habitat’s Global Urban Observatory and the Africa Center for Statistics at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), two cities in Tunisia are developing frameworks for monitoring and...
- Posted July 17, 2018
- The journey to monitoring SDG 11 kicks off in the Asia-Pacific Region
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in collaboration with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) through its Global Urban Observatory unit organized the Asia-Pacific Regional Training Workshop on Human...
- Posted April 11, 2018
- Preparing Cities in Africa to Monitor and Report on Goal 11
Nairobi, 12 January 2018– At the close of 2017, Botswana and Tunisia were getting prepared to monitor and report on SDG 11, with the support of the UN-Habitat’s Global Urban Observatory team and the UNECA to monitor...
- Posted January 12, 2018
- Distinguishing slum from non-slum areas to identify occupants’ issues
30 November 2017, Bellagio Italy – Despite an estimated one billion people around the world living in slums, many global data collection exercises including censuses do not track spatial distinctions of populations living in places identified as...
- Posted November 30, 2017
- Achieving SDG 11: One city at a time
Gaborone, 05 October 2017 – The Government of Botswana in partnership with UN-Habitat and UNECA held an inception workshop to kick-start the process of monitoring and reporting on Sustainable Development Goal 11. Botswana is one of the four...
- Posted October 5, 2017
- Experts Reach Important Consensus on critical ‘Land Indicator’
Washington 13 June 2017– A group of statisticians and land property rights experts recently met at the World Bank offices in Washington D.C., with the objective of developing the preparatory requirements for supporting the reclassification of the Sustainable...
- Posted June 13, 2017
- National Sample of Cities
A MODEL APPROACH TO MONITORING AND REPORTING PERFORMANCE OF CITIES AT NATIONAL LEVELS National Governments and statistical offices recognize that it is a major challenge to study each city in a given country to monitor national trends...
- Posted May 4, 2017
- Brussels hosts Expert Group Meeting on SDG indicators
Brussels 27 April 2017– The “Expert Group Meeting on Geospatial Definitions for Human Settlements Indicators of the SDGs” organized by UN-Habitat brings together leading experts on the detection of built-up areas and on the identification and classification...
- Posted April 27, 2017
- Bridging the gap between national governments, partners, UN for SDG 11
Naivasha, 14 February 2017 – UN-Habitat’s first technical meeting on human settlements indicators for SDGs opened today with more than 50 participants from the Kenya national government, national statistics agency, the private sector, academic institutions, non-profit organizations...
- Posted February 14, 2017
- Urban Indicators Guidelines
Urban indicators are regularly collected in a sample of cities worldwide in order to report on progress in the twenty key areas of the Habitat Agenda at the city level. Data collection is conducted through local and...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- World Atlas of Slum Evolution
This report entails percentage change in slum proportions in selected countries in Africa between 1990 and 2010.
- Posted January 18, 2016
- A Guide to Setting up an Urban Observatory_2015
More than half of the world population is living in cities and the number is growing everywhere. Cities are suffering from an acute crisis that hinders their capacity to develop sound policy and provide much-needed services to...
- Posted January 13, 2016
- Global Urban Observatory (GUO)
The Global Urban Observatory (GUO) helps cities get a bird's eye view of their situation and their needs
- Posted March 30, 2014