- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Global Urban Lectures Szn 4"
The tale of Broadville and Narrowtown: Why we need a global, people-based definition of cities and settlements – Lewis Dijkstra
Lewis Dijkstra from the European Commission in this lecture explains why without a global definition of cities, urban indicators are hopelessly distorted and proposes the degree of urbanization as new method to solve this problem. MP3 AUDIO: Lewis Dijkstra...
- Posted July 18, 2017
Improving urban tenure security and property rights – Geoffrey Payne
In this lecture, Geoffrey Payne distills thirty years of work on land tenure and property rights to provide a conceptual and methodological framework for assessing the issues involved and offers policy options with practical examples. MP3 AUDIO: Geoffrey Payne – Improving urban...
- Posted July 11, 2017
A collaborative partnership approach to affordable housing in Vancouver, Toronto, Portland, and Melbourne – Carolyn Whitzman
Based on comparative research in Melbourne, Toronto, Portland and Vancouver, this lecture will focus on how collaborative partnerships can successfully advocate for, and respond to, affordable housing programs. MP3 AUDIO: Carolyn Whitzman – A collaborative partnership approach to...
- Posted June 27, 2017