- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Global Public Space"
- Global Public Space Programme Annual report 2016
Launched in 2011, UN-Habitat's Global Public Space Programme works to improve the quality of public spaces worldwide. The programme brings together knowledge, good approaches, tools and methodologies on public space and makes them availably to local authorities...
- Posted April 27, 2017
- Annual Report 2016: Global Public Space Programme
Research shows that there is a positive correlation between planned urbanization and development and that urban economies are more productive than rural economies. Well-planned urbanization can be a powerful tool for creating employment and livelihoods. This requires...
- Posted April 18, 2017
- UN-Habitat launches Public Space and Market Place Programme in Bamenda, Cameroon
Bamenda, Cameroon, 31 August 2016–In August 2016, UN-Habitat and the Government Delegate of Bamenda City Council, Mr.Vincent Nji Ndumu, launched the Bamenda Public Space and Market Place Programme. Present at the event were representatives of the five...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- Asian urban experts root for citywide public space strategies
Kuala Lumpur 17 August 2016– UN-Habitat conducted its’ first international workshop on public spaces titled “Creating safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all” in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia early thismonth. Jointly organized by Citynet and Kuala Lumpur...
- Posted August 17, 2016
- UN-Habitat utilising Minecraft in the development of public spaces in East Jerusalem
East Jerusalem, 18 July 2016 –Working hand in hand with partners, UN-Habitat is working on improving public spaces in an East Jerusalem neighbourhood. UN-Habitat is working in partnership with Bimkom -Planners for Planning Rights, Al Enaya Community...
- Posted July 19, 2016
- Global Public Space Toolkit: From Global Principles to Local Policies and Practice
Despite its importance in promoting sustainable urban development, public space has not been given the attention it deserves in literature and, more importantly, in the global policy arena. Yet there is a growing body of principles and...
- Posted March 30, 2016
- Using Minecraft for Youth Participation in Urban Design and Governance
The purpose of this paper is to outline UN-Habitat’s approach to using information and communication technology (ICT) as an enabler to encourage youth participation in urban design and governance.
- Posted January 7, 2016
- Global Public Space Programme
Launched in 2011, the Global Public Space Programme aims to improve the quality of public spaces worldwide. Public spaces have historically often been overlooked and undervalued by urban authorities but is increasingly being considered the backbone of...
- Posted October 9, 2015