- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Energy"
- The Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation (LVWATSAN-Mwanza) Project: Mobilization and Institutional Facilitation of Sanitation (UN-Habitat)
European Investment Bank (EIB) and Agence Française de Développement (AFD) have partnered together with the Government of Tanzania and UN-Habitat in implementing a project dubbed “The Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation (LVWATSAN-Mwanza) Project: Mobilization and Institutional Facilitation...
- Posted February 6, 2017
- Youths in Nigeria trained in renewable energy technologies and green entrepreneurship
Abuja, 12 January 2017 – The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria, conducted hands-on training in energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, green entrepreneurship and enterprise development for 125...
- Posted January 12, 2017
- “Solving Energy Poverty, a liter at a time” – Illac Diaz
Illac Diaz from the MyShelter Foundation aims to in this lecture showcase ways to reuse plastic bottles as quick solutions to solve lighting issues in crisis situations. The ‘Liter of Light’ project teaches communities the technology to...
- Posted February 22, 2016
- Academicians and chairs of East African professional bodies discuss architecture and urban planning
Machakos, 11 February 2016 – Deans, senior lecturers of architecture schools and chairs of professional bodies of East Africa last week congregated in the Kenyan town of Machakos to discuss education for sustainability in architecture and urban planning. The...
- Posted February 12, 2016
- Media Fraternity in East Africa discuss sustainable buildings
Kenya, 5 February 2016 – UN-Habitat conducted a two-day media workshop at Machakos County in Kenya with an emphasis on Green building/architecture and journalist reporting across the East African region. The workshop brought together 26 participants drawn from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania...
- Posted February 5, 2016
- The Caribbean holds fifth Urban Forum
Castries, Saint Lucia, 16 June 2015 – The fifth edition of the Caribbean Urban Forum held in Castries (Saint Lucia) drew to a close on Friday 12 June, after three days of intensive discussions on sustainable urbanization....
- Posted June 16, 2015
- World Habitat Awards 2014/15 Winners Announced
Tuesday 28 April 2015— Winners of the 2015 World Habitat Awards were presented at the 25th Session of the UN- Habitat Governing Council in Nairobi. This year’s winners were Liter of Light, Philippines and Housing First Project by...
- Posted April 28, 2015
- UN-Habitat hosts a side event on cities in New York
New York, 17 March 2015 – During the 59th session on the Commission for the Status of Women, the side event Habitat III, Beijing+20 and the City We Need was hosted by the Deputy Executive Director of UN-Habitat,...
- Posted March 18, 2015
- Sustainable Building Design for Tropical Climates
Principles and applications for the design of sustainable buildings in Eastern Africa.
- Posted February 20, 2015
- Kenyan building practitioners trained in sustainable building design
Nairobi, 14 July 2014: UN-Habitat, the Kenya Property Developers Association, the Kenya Association of Manufacturers, the Architectural Association of Kenya, the Kenya Green Building Society and Italy’s “Politecnico di Milano” have delivered training in sustainable design principals...
- Posted July 29, 2014
- Gender Responsive Urban Basic Services
This issue guide focuses attention on urban basic services in order to illuminate the effects of gender on equality of access and inclusion in the areas of urban energy, urban transport and water and sanitation. This issue...
- Posted July 26, 2014
- Green Buildings – Training Workshops in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda
UN-Habitat in collaboration with partners organizes training workshops in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda on Green Building Training Workshop in Nairobi, Kenya UN-Habitat in collaboration with Kenya Property Developers Association (KPDA), The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM),...
- Posted July 9, 2014
- Sustainable Urban Energy Planning
The main purpose of this handbook is to assist people who are working in or with local government to develop sustainable energy and climate action plans and implementation programmes.
- Posted July 4, 2014
- Sustainable Urban Energy
For cities to confront the challenges of fossil fuel depletion, increasing energy costs and rapid climate change, it is inevitable to develop and implement urban energy management solutions for their sustainable future.
- Posted June 18, 2014
- From Agropolis to Ecopolis – heading towards regenerative cities – Stefan Schurig, World Future Council
In this lecture, Stefan Schurig (World Future Council) talks about the vision of regenerative cities as the greening of the urban environment and the protection of nature from urban expansion, and above all else, about the greening...
- Posted March 31, 2014
Energy is needed for urban development, but current reliance on fossil fuels brings up a number of challenges such as pollution and depletion of resources. UN-Habitat therefore helps cities to develop sustainable energy action plans.
- Posted March 17, 2014
- Women and Urban Energy- International Women’s Day
On International Women’s Day, UN-Habitat highlights the important role played by women and girls in urban energy issues and renews our commitment to strengthen and expand our efforts to bring access of modern energy to women. Sustainable...
- Posted March 8, 2014
- Partnership towards Energy Efficiency buildings in East Africa
UN-Habitat has partnered with an East African organisation to promote academic capacity building and knowledge transfer for energy access, efficiency and low-carbon technologies in the field of sustainable housing. The partnership to be executed through the Promoting...
- Posted December 19, 2013
- UN-Habitat trains East African youth on energy efficiency
Some 30 young people drawn from Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda gathered in Karen, Nairobi, last week for a training organized by UN-Habitat called ‘Hands-on training course on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Technologies for Youth Empowerment’. The...
- Posted July 16, 2013
- Kigali hosts meeting on energy efficiency
The city of Kigali in Rwanda two months ago hosted a regional workshop on energy efficiency in building codes. The three days meeting passed a declaration on mainstreaming energy efficiency in codes, policies and building regulations. During...
- Posted June 17, 2013