- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Dr. Clos"
Principles of Planned Urbanization – Dr. Joan Clos, Executive Director UN-Habitat
In this lecture, Dr Clos discusses planned versus spontaneous urbanization, the issues this entails and three concrete principles for planning sustainable cities. Together they form a three-legged approach to sustainable urbanization. Principles of Planned Urbanization – Dr....
- Posted December 3, 2015
Clos meets Egypt PM, key urban development Ministers
Cairo, 15 December 2014 – UN-Habitat Executive Director, Dr Joan Clos, has met with Mr Ibrahim Mahlab, Prime Minister of Egypt, during an official visit to the country to promote the importance of sustainable urban planning and...
- Posted December 15, 2014
World Habitat Day 2014 Message of the UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos
Monday, 6 October 2014 Every year on the first Monday of October we reflect on the state of our human settlements and what we want the cities of our future to look like. This year, the United...
- Posted October 6, 2014
Opening Statement of the Secretary-General of the Conference
New York, 17 September 2014 – Habitat III PrepCom 1 Excellences, Distinguished delegates, Ladies and gentlemen, It is an honour for me to open the first session of the Preparatory Committee of the United Nations Conference on...
- Posted September 17, 2014
Addressing Mexico’s Senate, Dr. Clos roots for urban legislation
Mexico City, 28 August 2014 — On the last leg of his official mission to Mexico, UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos addressed the country’s Senate on urbanization issues. The Executive Director’s speech was titled: “The role...
- Posted August 28, 2014
Urban planning important for development and inequality reduction, Dr. Clos tells MINURVI
Mexico City, 21 August 2014–“Urban planning is an important source of development and a tool for reducing inequality,” UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos has stressed. In an address at the opening of the twenty-third assembly of...
- Posted August 22, 2014
Dr. Joan Clos re-elected by General Assembly Decision
New York, 18 July 2014: Following the recommendation of the Secretary-General, after consultation with Member States, the General Assembly re-elected Joan Clos ( Spain) as Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) for a...
- Posted July 19, 2014
Our immediate past Executive Director
Dr. Joan Clos is the immediate Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), at the level of Under Secretary General by the United Nations General Assembly. He has held this office since October 2010....
- Posted February 28, 2014