- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "climate change resilience"
“Transforming the City towards Low-Carbon Resilience” – Steffen Lehmann
“Transforming the City towards Low-Carbon Resilience” introduces urban design principles that support the transformation of existing cities towards more resilience regarding the impact of climate change. Steffen Lehmann – Professor, University of Portsmouth/Founder of s_Lab Space Laboratory...
- Posted January 29, 2016
Pakse, Lao PDR: Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
UN-Habitat’s Cities and Climate Change Initiative promotes enhanced climate change mitigation and adaptation in developing country cities. This document is an initial output of the Cities and Climate Change Initiative activities in Pakse, Lao People’s Democratic Republic. This abridged report is...
- Posted September 1, 2014
Apia, Samoa: Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
The Apia, Samoa - Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment (Abridged Report) is an output of the Cities and Climate Change Initiative activities in Apia, Samoa. This abridged report is based on the report titled: “Apia, Samoa – Climate Change Vulnerability...
- Posted August 7, 2014
Fostering resilience through community based innovation – Mary Rowe, Municipal Art Society of New York
Based on her work experience in post-Katrina New Orleans and post-Sandy New York City, the Municipal Art Society of New York’s Director of Urban Resilience and Livability, Mary Rowe, discusses the role of self-organization and granular innovation...
- Posted March 31, 2014
Citizen roles in resilient cities – Ron Dembo, Zerofootprint
This lecture focuses on the role of citizens in developing cities, and shows that without the right behaviour and an engaged population even with the best infrastructure, cities will not be resilient. Ron Dembo explains how software,...
- Posted March 31, 2014