- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Cities"
- Good Housing Makes a Good City – Carlos Zedillo
The lecture seeks to highlight the impact of the housing sector on the development of cities and the attainment of the Sustainability Developments Goals (SDGs). It will also unveil the state of housing in Mexico and its...
- Posted November 8, 2018
- Unequal Scenes – Johnny Miller
This lecture will explore how a unique perspective on economic inequality, in this case using a drone, is vitally important to combat what has been described as “the defining challenge of our time”. AUDIO: Johnny Miller- “Unequal...
- Posted November 1, 2018
- Participatory urban planning – Elisa Maceratini
The lecture shows the challenges and opportunities of participatory planning through a series of concrete experiences from the field. AUDIO: Elisa Maceratini- “Participatory urban planning” SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses Planners and scholars of urban studies...
- Posted October 22, 2018
- Slum Tourism – Ko Koens
The lecture focuses on introducing the fast-growing concept of tourism to economically less developed areas, also known as slum tourism, the ethical issues that it needs to deal with, its governance and the ways it may contribute...
- Posted October 17, 2018
- The Urban Informal Economy – Alison Brown
This lecture examines how precarious urban livelihoods in the informal economy can be transformed by innovative and rights-based approaches to urban policy, contributing to economic and social inclusion, and recovery in crisis-affected cities. MP3 AUDIO: Alison Brown...
- Posted October 9, 2018
- “Mobility of Care” – Ines Sanchez de Madariaga
The Mobility of Care: Introducing Gender-Aware Concepts in Transportation Planning aims at providing a better understanding of travel patterns of women and men, by taking into account the travel implications of daily tasks performed by individuals with...
- Posted October 1, 2018
- “Cities and the New Climate Economy: The Role of Urban Form and Transport” – Philipp Rode
Philipp Rode in this lecture presents the findings of the cities research programme of the Commission’s New Climate Economy (NCE) project which LSE Cities is co-leading. The overall aim of NCE is to provide independent and authoritative...
- Posted May 23, 2017
- “Coproducing for sustainable cities” – Diana Mitlin
Diana Mitlin from University of Manchester in this lecture argue that coproduction is an essential component of an inclusive urban agenda MP3 AUDIO: Diana Mitlin – Coproducing for sustainable cities SYNOPSIS Issues which the lecture addresses The...
- Posted May 16, 2017
- World Cities Report 2016: Urbanization and Development – Emerging Futures
The analysis of urban development of the past twenty years presented in this maiden edition of the World Cities Report shows, with compelling evidence, that there are new forms of collaboration and cooperation, planning, governance, finance and...
- Posted May 18, 2016
- Loger les Pauvres dans les Villes Africaines-Guide de Formation du Facilitateur
Le présent Guide du facilitateur préparé par ONU-Habitatet l’Alliance des villes accompagne la série des Guidespratiques pour les décideurs politiques : loger les pauvresdans les villes africaines. Ce Guide du facilitateur estfourni avec une clé USB contenant...
- Posted December 21, 2015
- Housing the Poor in African Cities – Training Facilitator’s Guide
This Facilitator’s Guide prepared by UN-Habitat and Cities Alliance accompanies the Quick Guides for Policy Makers: Housing the Poor in African Cities series. The Facilitator’s Guide comes with a USB flash drive containing the Quick Guides series,...
- Posted August 5, 2015
- The State of Urban Youth 2012/2013 , Youth in the Prosperity of Cities
The increasing prominence of the youth bulge in most urban areas presents a unique opportunity, as they represent the most dynamic human resource available.
- Posted June 17, 2013
- Cities of Youth, Cities of prosperity
Youth are key to the prosperity of cities in the developing world, yet many barriers prevent them from fulfilling this role - most notably access to education, vocational training, and employment.
- Posted June 17, 2013