- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
All posts tagged "Capacity Development"
Stand up for public space – Luisa Bravo
Luisa Bravo in this lecture advocates for that public space in cities is a common good, meant to be open, inclusive and democratic – a right for everybody. MP3 AUDIO: Luisa Bravo – Stand up for public space SYNOPSIS...
- Posted July 25, 2017
UN-Habitat and IUTC trained urban practitioners in Land Readjustment
Gangwon 1 October 2015- UN-Habitat and the International Urban Training Centre (IUTC) early last month held a training session focused on the use of land as an asset for cities to better organize urban development and create forms of self-financing...
- Posted October 1, 2015
A Practical Guide to Designing, Planning, and Executing Citywide Slum Upgrading Programmes
While 220 million people have been lifted out of slum conditions over the past 10 years, the number of people living in slum conditions is likely to grow by six million every year, to reach a total...
- Posted July 30, 2015
First training on the City Prosperity Initiative takes place in South Korea
Gangwon, South Korea, 22 July 2015– One mayor, senior and technical municipal officials from Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Mongolia and Vietnam gathered at the International Urban Training Centre (IUTC) in Gangwon Province, South Korea to...
- Posted July 22, 2015
UN-Habitat trains Ethiopian mayors on leadership and planned urbanization
Addis Ababa 11 March 2015 – Thirty-five mayors from Ethiopia’s Oromia Region last month benefited from a 5 day training programme organised by UN-Habitat. The training was part of the “Capacity Building for City Leaders in Ethiopia” programme...
- Posted March 11, 2015
Gender Responsive Urban Research and Capacity Development
Women, men, girls and boys are differentially affected by the conditions of urbanization. For instance, women are ???invariably disadvantaged compared to men in cities in terms of equal access to employment and shelter, health and education, transport,...
- Posted July 27, 2014
GLTN Capacity Development Strategy
Developing capacity in the land sector is central to the goals, objectives and activities of the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN), and we have embraced the idea of finding better ways to do it
- Posted June 18, 2014
Urban Research and Capacity Development
Research and capacity development area monitors progress made towards the slum target of the Millennium Development Goals and the Habitat Agenda, and reports the results through its flagship reports and Urban Indicators Programme, which, where appropriate, include...
- Posted September 5, 2013