All posts tagged "best practices"
- Winners of the 11th cycle of the Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment
20 February 2018 – UN-Habitat and Dubai Municipality are pleased to jointly announce the winners of the 2017 edition of the Dubai International Award for Best Practices. The Award recognizes outstanding initiatives that are making valuable contribution...
- Posted February 20, 2018
- Jury begins evaluation for the 11th Cycle of the Dubai International Award
Dubai Municipality 16 January 2018—A five-member jury drawn by the Dubai Award Secretariat as well as UN-Habitat this week began the evaluation process for the 11th cycle of the Dubai International Award for Best Practices. The Jury...
- Posted January 16, 2018
- UN-Habitat highlights the New Urban Agenda at UNECE meeting
Geneva 16 November 2017–Representatives of Armenia, Moldova, Serbia and Tajikistan last week attended the joint UN-Habitat and UNECE final regional workshop of the UN Development Account 9th tranche project “Strengthening national capacities for sustainable housing and urban...
- Posted November 16, 2017
- Good Practices and Lessons Learnt in Post-Conflict Reconstruction in Sri Lanka
When three decades of conflict ended in May 2009 in Sri Lanka, approximately 450,000 people had been displaced, with many having to rebuild their lives after having their houses destroyed, having lost family members and with no...
- Posted November 1, 2017
- First evaluation for the Dubai International Award submissions begins
Dubai 31, October 2017 – The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) of the Dubai International Award is meeting in Dubai from 30th October to 2nd November 2017 to undertake the first selection stage of the 11th round of...
- Posted October 31, 2017
- Riverbank Filtration Project for Clean Water Production in Minya, Egypt
In line with the Hayat Project for Local Development objectives, UN Habitat in partnership with ‘Minya Drinking Water and Sanitation Company’ MDWSC and through technical guidance of the Holding Company for Water and Waste Water aims to...
- Posted October 9, 2017
- Best Practices
UN-Habitat’s Best Practices Unit coordinates, identifies, documents and disseminates best practices and enabling policies on urban development within, and for, the Agency. The Unit identifies sources of information and knowledge derived from practical experience in support of...
- Posted October 2, 2017
- Calling for applications: 2017 Dubai International Award for Best Practices
Nairobi, 18 July 2017 — The Dubai Municipality and UN-Habitat is currently calling for submissions to the 11th round of the 2017 Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment. The 2017 award is...
- Posted July 18, 2017
- Kibera: Integrated Water Sanitation and Waste Management Project
This book documents the processes, challenges and related successes of a pilot project on slum upgrading in Soweto East villages of Kibera informal settlement, Nairobi. As a post project intervention assessment report, it focuses on distilling lessons learnt...
- Posted November 7, 2014
- Promising Practices on Climate Change in Urban Sub-Saharan Africa
This compendium presents a series of promising practices in Sub-Saharan African cities that take into account the multiple dimensions of climate change.
- Posted June 19, 2014
- Evaluation of the Establishment Process of the UN-HABITAT Rafik Hariri Memorial Award (5/2012)
The evaluation report presents findings, lessons and recommendations from the evaluation of the Rafik Hariri UN-Habitat Memorial Award launched in 2009 jointly by UN-Habitat and Rafik Hariri Foundation, the sponsor of the Award.
- Posted June 12, 2014
- Transfiriendo Mejores Practicas (Transferring Best Practices) – Espanol
The publication illustrates how practices that are successful in one context can stimulate processes and affirmative action in other settings, through the exchange of lessons learned through a process of careful transfers of local demands.
- Posted June 12, 2014
- Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment
UN-Habitat and the Dubai Municipality offer you an opportunity for global recognition of your Best Practice through the Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment. Best Practices are outstanding contributions to improve the...
- Posted May 15, 2014
- Urban Basic Services Portfolio , Annual report 2012
With poverty eradication, environmental sustainability, and sustainable consumption and production as the over-arching development goals, UN-Habitat – the United Nations Human Settlements agency – believes that urban areas are an asset and a solution, and that the...
- Posted March 13, 2014
- Best Practices on Social Sustainability in Historic Districts
The case studies comprise a selection of initiatives in the enhancement and conservation of cultural heritage, contained in UN HABITAT’S Best Practices Database.
- Posted July 15, 2008