- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) for Ruiru Kenya
The broad purpose of any mobility planning exercise is to identify how far the needs of existing and potential transport users are being met, and to close any gap between what is provided and what is needed. SUMP is the result of a structured process that comprises status analysis, vision building, objective and target setting, policy and measure selection, active communication, monitoring and evaluation – and the identification of lessons learnt.The Kiambu County Integrated Development Plan – CIDP (2013-2017) seeks to create and transform systems, structures and institutions based on five key pillars of security, employment, education, health and urban planning. The CIDP takes into account various roads related projects.