- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
SpeakUP: An app on the Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abuse in the Workplace
UN-Habitat has launched An app on the Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abuse in the Workplace.
This application aims to:
- Raise awareness on the prevention and prohibition of sexual harassment and abuse in the workplace.
- Provide a single platform, a central repository, for users to easily access the necessary information about the rules and regulations that govern this type of misconduct in the United Nations (such as the attached ST/SGB/2008/5, ST/AI/2017/1 and OHRM’s Fact Sheet); including steps taken within the UN system to promote gender parity.
- Provide the necessary information on ways to report such behaviour, to whom and where.
- Access to call or email the 24-hour hotline resource being managed at UN Headquarters.
- Provide a list of frequently asked questions on sexual harassment and abuse.
Installation of the application:
- The “SpeakUP” application is available from Google Play Store by searching “SpeakUP” or through the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.unhabitat.SpeakUP.
- The iOS version is being reviewed by Apple and we hope it will published on the App Store soon. In the meantime, staff can send their Apple ID to firstname.lastname@example.org who will guide them on how to install the app from the Apple App Store. OHRM factsheet on sexual harassment February 2018 ST-AI-2017-1 ST-SGB-2008-5ST-AI-2017-1
- As we continue to develop and upgrade to the next version, we welcome feedback and suggestions from you on additional features that you would like incorporated.