- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Signing Yemen Host Country Agreement at Habitat Assembly
NAIROBI, 29 May 2019 – UN-Habitat and the Government of the Republic of Yemen signed the Host Country Agreement during the bilateral meeting between the UN-Habitat Executive Director and HE the Prime Minister of Republic of Yemen, organized during the 1st UN-Habitat Assembly between 27 and 31 May 2019.
During the bilateral meeting held between the Executive Director of UN-Habitat Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif and HE the Prime Minister of Republic of Yemen Dr. Maeen Abdul Malik on 29 May 2019, the Host Country Agreement (HCA) was signed by the Vice Minister of Public Works and Highways Dr. Mohammed Thabit and the Director of UN-Habitat Regional Office for Arab States Dr. Erfan Ali.
The purpose of this Agreement is to reaffirm the continuation of the work of UN-Habitat Office in the temporary capital city Aden. The Agreement will expand the framework of cooperation between UN-Habitat and the Government in order to promote and manage UN-Habitat Programs, Projects and activities, in the Republic of Yemen as a whole or in any of its governorates, and cities, to continue supporting activities in the area of integrated, inclusive and sustainable urbanization.
The first UN-Habitat Assembly was attended by 127 delegations, 4 heads of states and prime ministers, including HE the Prime Minister of the Republic of Yemen.