- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES – ACTION PLAN FOR UNIVERSITIES
UN-Habitat UNI together with HESI (the Higher Education Sustainability Initiative) are in the process of defining a Sustainable Urban Development action plan for universities.
The action plan aims to orient universities supporting cities in their path towards sustainability and also identify better mechanisms to back effective collaboration between academic resources and urban strategies.
To this end UNI has set up a survey to take stock on existing effective collaborations between cities and universities.
Taking Sustainable Development Goal 11 as the framework for action, the questions in the survey concern activities universities are engaged in that have an impact and have contributed to improved sustainability in cities.
If your university has been involved with an activity which involved city-university collaboration, and which relates to Goal 11: “making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”, we invite you to share this work – and thereby contribute to the collaborative sustainable urban development action plan for universities – through this short survey:
Deadline 19 August, 2016.