Don't Miss >
- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Series: Human Settlement Global Dialogue
Municipal Finance of Urban Development was prepared as a background paper for the UN-Habitat Global Report 2005. Financing Urban Shelter and a summary was included as Chapter 3 of the Global Report under the title, Municipal Finance: Conditions and Trends. More info →
After brief discussion of governance as a context for approaches to combating poverty, this paper presents tri-sector partnerships as an emerging strategy with the potential of being more effective than more narrowly conceived public-private partnerships. More info →
Since the year 2000 the City of Toronto, Canada's most populous municipality, has mounted a sustained, high-profile campaign to ensure the devolution of more powers and resources from its provincial and federal counterparts. More info →
Twenty Years of Transition: The Evolution of Urban Planning in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union, 1989-2009
This paper reviews the dramatic transformations which have taken place in the cities of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union since the collapse of communist regimes in the region twenty years ago. More info →