Don't Miss >
- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Series: Housing the Poor in Asian Cities
This Quick Guide 1 looks at some of the current trends in urbanization in Asia, including urban-rural migration, the links between Qurbanization and poverty and the state of formal and informal housing in the context of urbanization. More info →
This Quick Guide examines how formal and informal land markets in Asian cities work, how they have succeeded or failed to make decent, secure, affordable land accessible to the urban poor and how community organizations, support institutions and government agencies are finding innovative ways to improve the poor's access to land for their housing. More info →
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 4 EVICTION: Alternatives to the whole-scale destruction of urban poor communities
This Quick Guide explores several practicable and replicable alternatives to evictions which are being tested, refined and scaled up by governments, community groups and support institutions in Asia. More info →
This Quick Guide reviews the characteristics of rental housing markets and how they function. More info →
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 2; LOW-INCOME HOUSING. Approaches to help the urban poor find adequate accomodation
This Quick Guide describes ways of addressing low-income housing. More info →
This Quick Guide examines how community organizations can be valuable and resourceful partners when it comes to finding viable solutions to their own housing problems. More info →
This Quick Guide introduces some of the key concepts of formal housing finance and an overview of how both the formal and informal systems of delivering housing finance work especially with regard to the urban poor. More info →