- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and...
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day...
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing...
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi...
SDG 11 Synthesis Report 2018 on Cities and Communities
SDG 11 Synthesis Report 2018 on Sustainable Cities and Communities
In 2015, UN Member States adopted the historic 2030 Agenda, setting universal and transformative goals and targets, and committing to working tirelessly for their full implementation. To ensure that no one is left behind, it will be vital to track progress towards the goals.
This is why Member States follow-up and review the 2030 Agenda and its 17 goals every year at the High-level Political Forum(HLPF). This event facilitates the sharing of experiences, including successes, challenges and lessons learned.
Every year at the HLPF, member states discuss a thematic area that focuses on a group of related SDG indicators. This year’s theme is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies “. In 2018, SDG 11 on Sustainable Cities and Communities is one of the six goals (others are; Goal 6, 7, 12, 15 and 17) to be reviewed and discussed.
To support an in depth review of progress on Goal 11 to member states, UN-Habitat along with several other UN custodian agencies and partners have produced the SDG 11 Synthesis Report 2018 on Sustainable Cities and Communities (See Report here). This Report represents a joint position from the UN family on the global urban status on SDG 11 and other urban related global agendas such as the New Urban Agenda, Paris Agreement, Sendai Framework, etc. The report also explores the linkages within SDG 11 targets and the inter linkages between SDG 11 targets and other targets and indicators within other Goals.
READ AND WATCH
- The Sustainable Development Goals Report 2018.
- Progress on the implementation of the New Urban Agenda Report of the Secretary-General
- HLPF background notes on SDG 11
- Highlights from the report.
- Executive summary of the report
- SDG 11 Synthesis Report 2018 on cities and human settlements.
- SDG 11 Targets and Indicators
- UN-Habitat Brochure
- Press Releases on the SDG 11 Synthesis Report.
- Joint Press Release: Cities are engines for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- UN-Habitat / UNDP joint editorial
- Bike-train Press Release
- UNEP/Yale/UN-Habitat Press Release on tiny eco-house