- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Safer Cities: A safer and just city for all
The challenges facing cities with regards to the impacts of growing violence and insecurity are numerous and daunting. The need to address crime prevention in cities is apparent.
This brochure highlights the Safer Cities approach run by UN-HABITAT’s Safer Cities Programme. In it, a brief background and objective of the programme is provided. An overview of the various approaches the programme takes and success stories are also highlighted.