- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Raising Resilience in Urban Areas
2 Dec. (Resilience Day), 12-13:30, Dutch Pavilion (hosted by the Dutch government)
The objective of the session is to give a platform to city leaders to highlight their progress on strengthening the resilience of their communities and economies.
Convening a panel of high-level stakeholders across government and financial and development institutions, the session will activate a new platform for knowledge exchange by showcasing how cities across the world are fostering innovative, transformative resilience solutions.
The session will further illuminate new opportunities for collaboration among cities and a wide range of partners to turn strategic plans into action and unlock investment opportunities.
Speakers include high-level representatives from:
- Dutch Government
- World Economic Forum
- World Resources Institute
- World Bank
- Rockefeller Foundation
Invited Mayors/Cities include:
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Byblos, Lebanon
- Mexico City, Mexico
- New Orleans, USA
- Paris, France
- Rotterdam, Netherlands