- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Raising Resilience in Urban Areas
2 Dec. (Resilience Day), 12-13:30, Dutch Pavilion (hosted by the Dutch government)
The objective of the session is to give a platform to city leaders to highlight their progress on strengthening the resilience of their communities and economies.
Convening a panel of high-level stakeholders across government and financial and development institutions, the session will activate a new platform for knowledge exchange by showcasing how cities across the world are fostering innovative, transformative resilience solutions.
The session will further illuminate new opportunities for collaboration among cities and a wide range of partners to turn strategic plans into action and unlock investment opportunities.
Speakers include high-level representatives from:
- Dutch Government
- World Economic Forum
- World Resources Institute
- World Bank
- Rockefeller Foundation
Invited Mayors/Cities include:
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Byblos, Lebanon
- Mexico City, Mexico
- New Orleans, USA
- Paris, France
- Rotterdam, Netherlands