- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
QUICK GUIDE for participatory, city-wide slum upgrading: Participation for inclusive, city-wide slum upgrading
Participation has been identified as a key mechanism to promote urban equity and is a ‘pre-condition’ for inclusive sustainable urbanization.
This quick guide provides urban managers with the tools and messages to embrace participation in city-wide slum upgrading and as a tool to promote inclusive outcomes that benefits everyone, including slum dwellers.