- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Programme Urban Journalism Academy
The Urban Journalism Academy (UJA) is a pioneering and innovative UN-Habitat initiative to further the knowledge and understanding of international and national journalists and media professionals of the social, economic and economic issues facing cities in the twenty-first century.
The UJA is a global programme towards Habitat III aimed:
- To strengthen journalists’ and media professionals’ capacity to analyse the overall process of urbanization by sharing with them substantive knowledge about the main issues of planning and management of cities, as well as by providing them technical expertise in gathering and examining urban data and indicators.
- To share outstanding experiences of communication for development in urban contexts as well as a selection of interesting examples of sustainable urban transformation projects.
- To make urban development issues and challenges clear and accessible to the general public, beyond the professionals, researchers and public authorities, bringing the urban debate closer to the average citizen.