- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Programme Support Officer, (Home-based with missions to Syria) Deadline: 15 April 2019
CONSULTANT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Support in preparation of final reports and programmatic closure of grants/projects
Issue Date: 01 April 2019
United Nations Human Settlements Programme
Home-based with missions to Syria
Programme Support Officer
Equivalent to P3/P4
15 April 2019
Serving staff members interested in this short-term assignment can be engaged through an Inter-House Agreement with his/her respective office
The UN-Habitat Syria Country Programme has managed a range of comprehensive and complex projects funded by various donors through bilateral or multilateral funding mechanisms over the past several years. About five to seven projects (grants) have been successfully completed and are nearing completion in the nearest future. The Syria country programme would like to prepare and submit the required reports in accordance to the agreed terms, format and timeline to the respective donors.
For this purpose, UN-Habitat Syria Country Programme is seeking the service of a consultant or a serving staff member to support in the planning, preparation, finalization and submission of the reports as well in developing the required capacity within the current team in the UN-Habitat Syria office for such responsibilities in the future.
Under direct supervision of the Head of Programme or the designated Officer-in-Charge, , the imbuement of this assignment will, inter alia, perform the following tasks (expected accomplishments):
Key functions / expected results:
(1) Preparation of final Reports and Programmatic closure of grants/projects (five grants). This includes preparing a reporting template; receiving, collating and consolidating inputs; drafting the final reports; and carrying out a document check.
(2) Reconciliation of all Syria Programme document for PAAS entries ensuring full compliance and documentation as per PAAS requirements including updating and completing the PASS entries and carrying out a document check;
(3) Train UN Habitat Syria Programme Staff on the use of PAAS and UN Habitat’s PCM Guidelines through presentation of the PCM to UN Habitat Syria Programme staff and ‘learning by doing’ sessions using one or two grants as examples;
In successful accomplishment of the above assignment, the incumbent will be required to work in close cooperation and coordination with relevant personnel at different offices of UN-Habitat in Syria as well as those at the Regional Office (ROAS), at HQs, Programme staff in other UN agencies, Implementing Partners, and other relevant offices and departments including Government of Syria.
– Master’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public administration, business administration or in any other relevant academic discipline related to human settlements development or management;
– Strong command of English and the ability to synthesize different inputs and reports into Final Report.
– Familiarity with PAAS and UN Habitat’s PCM Guidelines.
– Other desirable skills include familiarity with UN processes, including engagement at similar level within the UN or other international agencies, working knowledge of official UN languages and strong conceptual, analytical and creative skills targeted at producing results.
Five to seven years of professional and relevant experience in project and programme development, implementation and management including report writing.
This assignment will be for a period of three months from the signing of the contract.
An all-inclusive lump sum amount equivalent to P3/P4 level is considered for this assignment and will be paid as follows:
i) 30 % upon completion of five draft reports for review;
ii) 30 % upon finalization of five final reports at a level sufficient for submission;
iii) 40 % upon full update of Syria Programme PAAS, Syria Programme PCM / PAAS Training Guide, and sucessful training completion notes for Syria Programme Staff;
Requests for payment submitted by the Consultant should be accompanied by a copy of time sheets showing the time spent on the assignment and the activities carried out during the period together with soft copy of all outputs achieved.
How to Apply:
Interest candidates should submit their Personal History Profile (PHP) to Ms. Farah Akil at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date.