- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Planning Sustainable Cities: UN-HABITAT Practices and Perspectives
UN-HABITAT has played a central and very active role in the recent debate on the future of urban planning. For years planning was considered an inefficient tool, unable to address development effectively.
However renewed attention to urban planning has recently emerged. Shifting dramatically from its initial ambition to command and control the city, planning has started reassessing itself in the new context of urbanization.