- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Participants’ Evaluation Report of the World Urban Forum 3, Vancouver, Canada
This report presents an evaluation of the Third Session of the World Urban Forum (WUF III) that took place in Vancouver, Canada, from 19-23 June 2006. It was attended by 10,121 participants from 109 countries. The report has been prepared by UN-HABITAT, which was mandated by UN General Assembly (GA resolution 56/206), to organize the World Urban Forum with a view to strengthen the coordination of international support to the implementation of the Habitat Agenda.
The report is the result of analysis of answers to the participant survey questionnaire. It is hoped that the assessment findings, lessons learned and recommendations will feed into programming and design; and improve the fourth session of the World Urban Forum to be held in Nanjing, China, in 2008.