- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Name of Organization: Pakistan Youth Organization
Project Title: Empowerment of Youth through establishment of
The project aimed to alleviate poverty among youth. This is through improving the livelihoods of 30 young people aged 15 -32 years by:
- Training in entrepreneurship and helping them and set up small business
- Construction of Market and allotment of stall/shop
- Set up Revolving Fund for credit program and issuance of Loan
Number of beneficiaries:
The project targeted on youth especially vulnerable youth (recovering addicts). 30 youths were reached and received training on entrepreneurship and what it entails in the region
Number of social enterprises seeded:
Out of the 30 trained youth, 25 opened up their small business. They worked hand in hand with the local government as far as the regulations are concerned. 25 stalls were allocated to the organization by the local government for business setup.