- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Over 700 applicants to International Design Collaboration for Kenya Competition
February 06, 2016 – The application for the International Design Collaboration for Kenya Competition completed midnight Feb 1. The competition saw a large number of applicants (over 700) from all over the world. The applicants will now be paired up so each team consists of a group of Kenyan students and a group of Non-Kenyan students. The participants will be contacted with the result of the pairing latest February 9th. For more information see the IDCK competition page, for questions on the competition contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Design Collaboration for Kenya (IDCK) competition is being organized in collaboration with Kenya’s Urban Development Department (UDD) and the Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development. It is part of UN-Habitat’s support to the Kenya Municipal Program under the broad framework of ‘Support to a Sustainable Urban Development Sector in Kenya’, which is funded by SIDA, and has as its goal to encourage collaboration between Kenya’s students and their peers elsewhere and to promote the importance of urban design.
The design competition is also intended to promote international inter-university collaboration as a platform for knowledge exchange and co-production of approaches to livable urban spaces in the context of diverse human settlements. The competition is expected to run between December 2015 and May 2016. UN-Habitat and UDD will exhibit a select number of the design proposals both in Nairobi, Kenya, in May, 2016, and during the Habitat III Conference in Quito, Ecuador, from 17 – 20, October 2016.