- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Urban Basic Services Branch
The Urban Basic Services Branch provides policy and technical support to partner countries and local authorities in the areas of water, sanitation, waste management, mobility, and energy. Emphasis is placed on equitable access to these urban basic services, especially for the poor. It promotes the development of clean, energy efficient, affordable, and human-centred cities that can deliver better services to their citizens, while at the same time making the most effective use of natural resources and cutting down on on fossil fuel reliance and energy consumption.
Head: Mr. Andre Dzikus
- Waste Management Unit (SWU)
- Urban Energy Unit (EU)
- Urban Mobility Unit (UMU)
- Water and Sanitation Unit (WSU)
Programmes, initiatives & networks:
- Global Water Operators Partnership Alliance (GWOPA)