- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Urban Basic Services Branch
The Urban Basic Services Branch provides policy and technical support to partner countries and local authorities in the areas of water, sanitation, waste management, mobility, and energy. Emphasis is placed on equitable access to these urban basic services, especially for the poor. It promotes the development of clean, energy efficient, affordable, and human-centred cities that can deliver better services to their citizens, while at the same time making the most effective use of natural resources and cutting down on on fossil fuel reliance and energy consumption.
Head: Mr. Andre Dzikus
- Waste Management Unit (SWU)
- Urban Energy Unit (EU)
- Urban Mobility Unit (UMU)
- Water and Sanitation Unit (WSU)
Programmes, initiatives & networks:
- Global Water Operators Partnership Alliance (GWOPA)