- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Research and Capacity Building Branch
The Urban Research and Capacity Development Branch monitors progress made towards the slum target laid out in the Millennium Development Goals and the Habitat Agenda, and seeks to improve knowledge on urban issues and to build capacity in dealing with urbanization at local, national, and global levels. Efforts are directed towards supporting the production of local urban knowledge and the establishment of observatories that collect and analyze urban data. Information and knowledge on best practice are also collected and disseminated. Additionally, it provides expertise to all urban stakeholders for developing institutional and individual capacity.
Head: Mr. Eduardo Moreno
- Research Unit (RU),
- Capacity Development Unit (CDU)
- Global Urban Observatories Unit (GUO)