- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Research and Capacity Building Branch
The Urban Research and Capacity Development Branch monitors progress made towards the slum target laid out in the Millennium Development Goals and the Habitat Agenda, and seeks to improve knowledge on urban issues and to build capacity in dealing with urbanization at local, national, and global levels. Efforts are directed towards supporting the production of local urban knowledge and the establishment of observatories that collect and analyze urban data. Information and knowledge on best practice are also collected and disseminated. Additionally, it provides expertise to all urban stakeholders for developing institutional and individual capacity.
Head: Mr. Eduardo Moreno
- Research Unit (RU),
- Capacity Development Unit (CDU)
- Global Urban Observatories Unit (GUO)