- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Research and Capacity Building Branch
The Urban Research and Capacity Development Branch monitors progress made towards the slum target laid out in the Millennium Development Goals and the Habitat Agenda, and seeks to improve knowledge on urban issues and to build capacity in dealing with urbanization at local, national, and global levels. Efforts are directed towards supporting the production of local urban knowledge and the establishment of observatories that collect and analyze urban data. Information and knowledge on best practice are also collected and disseminated. Additionally, it provides expertise to all urban stakeholders for developing institutional and individual capacity.
Head: Mr. Eduardo Moreno
- Research Unit (RU),
- Capacity Development Unit (CDU)
- Global Urban Observatories Unit (GUO)